Competition secrets

IT.com

Britney

There is so much competition out there when it comes to getting customers to your website, what are some tips for standing out in front of your competitors?

The competition could be ahead of the rest but there will be some loopholes. Identify these and work towards maximizing on them so as to reduce the market share.

Last edited:
Don't let your customers get the impression that you are competing. If people think you're trying too hard in this way, they'll feel like you're compensating for bad product. The best way to stand out in a crowd is to do your best and don't do what everyone else is doing. Trying to "win" over the others. Being self assured goes a long way.

Don't let your customers get the impression that you are competing. If people think you're trying too hard in this way, they'll feel like you're compensating for bad product. The best way to stand out in a crowd is to do your best and don't do what everyone else is doing. Trying to "win" over the others. Being self assured goes a long way.
This is a good way of looking at it but how would customers realize that you are trying too hard to compete? I have always thought that competition can always be disguised. I think uniqueness always draws customers.

You're both so right. In fact, all the advice I have been getting on this subject borders around one thing - to be unique and to stand out from the crowd. Also to position yourself in such a way that people think of you first when they need a product that you offer.

I agree with what you have all said. On the flipside, I would say, don't play by the rules. Competition will always be there but it doesn't the nature of competition will be the same. Identify the uniqueness and exploit it fully.

Businesses are always in competition, in a bid to outdo each other. It is interesting that as much as you may be narrowing down on competition, they may also be doing the same. You have to balance expectations, vis-a-vis reality.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom