Company says new TLD is “cool”, but comes with drawbacks

IT.com

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
Classic Engineering has a cool domain name, but founder Eduardo Umaña sometimes has to explain it to people.

Eduardo Umaña chose the name Classic Engineering for his product design studio. But when he went to register the domain name, he found that ClassicEngineering.com was already taken.

Then Umaña found that Classic.Engineering was available, so he registered the domain name. He set up a site on the domain to show off his first product, a line of watches.

“It is a really cool domain to own, but unfortunately, people are not aware of these new kinds of domains,” Umaña told Domain Name Wire. “I have issues of people attempting to reach classic.engineering.com. Once I explain that ‘.engineering’ is the new ‘.com’ people usually say something like ‘cool!’ and get the idea behind it.”

Classic Engineering has a cool domain name, but founder Eduardo Umaña sometimes has to explain it to people.

Eduardo Umaña chose the name Classic Engineering for his product design studio. But when he went to register the domain name, he found that ClassicEngineering.com was already taken.

Then Umaña found that Classic.Engineering was available, so he registered the domain name. He set up a site on the domain to show off his first product, a line of watches.

“It is a really cool domain to own, but unfortunately, people are not aware of these new kinds of domains,” Umaña told Domain Name Wire. “I have issues of people attempting to reach classic.engineering.com. Once I explain that ‘.engineering’ is the new ‘.com’ people usually say something like ‘cool!’ and get the idea behind it.”
Deluded!

If you have to explain a domain name you have a problem.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom