Company Loses Its 4th Domain Name…

IT.com

Ceres

Venkateshwara Distributor Private Limited is no stranger to WIPO and NAF proceedings. During the past few months, it lost 4 domains. I see a pattern:

Domain No. 1: PacSum.com

Infringed PAC SUN trademark. Website contained links which competed with the complainant's apparel business.

Domain No. 2: LernersNYC.com

Infringed LERNER NEW YORK trademark. Website contained links which competed with complainant's clothing business.

Domain No. 3: HSamuels.com

Infringed H SAMUEL trademark. Website contained links which competed with complainant's jewellery business.

Domain No. 4: CricketCommunication.com

Infringed CRICKET trademark used in association with telecommunications services. Website contained links which competed with complainant's telecommunications business.

No response was filed in any of these 4 cases.

One more strike against the domain industry's reputation...:(

Last edited by a moderator:
This India-based company just lost its 5th domain. This time to Hewlett-Packard.

The disputed domain is hpdrivers.com. The respondent claimed that it had been assigned rights to an Indian trademark for HPD RIVER but there was not enough evidence to support this.

Even if Respondent did receive Vanita Sehgal’s trademark rights, the HPD RIVER mark was filed well after Complainant’s HP mark registration. Trademarks must be registered for good faith in order to satisfy Policy ¶ 4(c)(ii).
I'm sure it didn't help that the respondent's parked domain contained links to competitors of Hewlett-Packard (eg. Canon, Dell, Epson and Xerox).

The company has just lost its 7th domain... - here's the decision re frederisks.com

Given Respondent’s pattern of registering domain names containing third-party marks, as evidenced by prior UDRP proceedings, the Panel finds that this pattern of use supports findings of bad faith registration and use under Policy ¶ 4(b)(ii).

I wonder how many domains this company will end up losing within a one-year period!

Last edited by a moderator:

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom