.com.mx and .mx

IT.com

gentlesavage

What do you guys think about .com.mx? Does it have a future? Right now there are only the secondary domains. However, in a month they will be releasing their top-level domain .mx and whoever owns a .com.mx before march 1st will have first dibs on the same .mx. Right now it's a little cost prohibitive anywhere from 45 to 80 dollars a month and .mx will be 35 a month, but Mexico is going through a similar internet growth sput as India. What does eveyone else think?

-Chris

Yes, if you know Spanish, I think it's very worthwhile.

Right now it's a little cost prohibitive anywhere from 45 to 80 dollars a month and .mx will be 35 a month

You must mean per year and not per month?

The higher price just means that you need to be a bit more selective in registering domains.

Some of the most successful domainers got started in .com when registration cost $100 per year.

Jeff

Actually, I've been using the google translate tool to great success on this and many other languages. And so far it's been about 99.9% accurate. Just type in a word or phrase and viola!

There are a lot of decent online English-Spanish dictionaries.

It still would make sense to spend some time studying the basics of the language - e.g. reading the Wikipedia entry.

Also, while I don't know much about .mx, I would think that if the .com is registered by someone in a Spanish speaking country, you're probably on the right track.

Yes, I did mean per year. I suppose price will drop in time. Lots of good premiums are already gone in spite of the prohibitive cost. Although it made sense once I read an old post on Ricks' site when he went on a .com.mx buying spree when nic.mx was offering 6 dollar per year registration if you reg'd for 5 years.

they are offering .mx pre registration at $99 at 101domain.com,
b.t.w. according to site, anyone who owns a second level TLD like .com.mx,.org.mx,.net.mx (not just .com.mx) will have the right to first have the .mx TLD ,also if different users have regd .com.mx and .org.mx for the same name,then the one registered earlier will get the .mx if both applies,
will register one only if a very good name is available in all the variants.(any chance of that..)
another thing is it the spanish name to register or the english version ,which will be more value.
eg:diamant.de is more valuable then diamond.de i suppose?...

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom