College is a waste, say Peter Thiel and William Gross, both successful investors

IT.com

ebiz4india

The president of Clarium Capital, a San Francisco-based investment management firm and hedge fund, is thinking out of the box. Or rather, out of the school. In a talk show, Clarium’s president Peter Thiel (who co-founded PayPal) revealed that he is going to offer grants up to $100,000 for kids to drop out of school. This novel initiative is creatively termed “stopping out of school”.

College is a waste, say Peter Thiel and William Gross, both successful investors

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen many guys score high marks and grades at college.
But they are not capable to earn for their food and shelter.

They think they will get a better job after study. But in reality 41% guys success and they pay 25% of their earnings loans.(According to a survey)

I've also seen my friends are turning arround without job or job with less salary.

The real fact is that we don't get the knowledge what we need at college.
We just scew up with papers.

what we need from college is education, they need to educate students.

a tiger which is doing great stunts in a circus is called well trained not well educated.

what we need is excellence in a topic and sucess will come along.

Ya, we need education.
But instead of giving education they want us to be trained like a animal at circus.

I think this one is a bit of a challenge for people who will be dropping out of schools to have that money. It is like thinking other method to double up or increase the said money using your skills and it's up to you which method to be use.

in theory is what you get in college, in practical is what you gain experience by working. apply theoretical facts on real life to be a more skilled resource. "education is must and is always helpful" when applying what you studied earlier.

Do we have to learn anything about education from successful investors?
No.Its like asking celebrities " what is Love?"
Education is not about Money or Jobs.Its about character and wisdom, to say.

If you think money is greed then why are you after it.
In realty maximum students study to get job and money.
But now education has become business. If we don't have enough money we can't study.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom