.co.in or .in?

IT.com

TestPilot

At the risk of covering old ground - is there any consensus as to which is thought to be have the greater potential for investment /returns?

Hi rajan

In general, .in for sales and .co.in for traffic although obviously there is some crossover.

Although that might not be a strict rule but .in domains will always have a higher niche than .co.in

I don't think so, as I have already posted in my last post. Yes, I love '.in' extension more than a '.co.in' extension. But .co.in is the TLD that seems to have a greater niche than .in as we hardly see .in extensions but more .co.in extensions.

Nice point Indianrep, but do keep in mind, Most people prefer .in domains and go for other extensions when they don't get the desired TLD. So it actually depends on the owner of the domain how he markets the domains. If a .co.in or for that case any extension like.net.in , .org.in ... is better marketed you would find them more.

I feel like .in will be a good choice. Because when you see from a normal user, it will not be easy to type always. They will become irritated and the traffic could be generated to some other site with a .in domain.

I think co.in would have been more popular if .IN did not exist..like in the case of .UK..but as of today, id say go for .IN

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom