.co.in and .in Geodomains and valuations??

IT.com

domaincalculus

Hello All:
I am new and happy to have come across this forum through listening to the Oz Domainer interview btw!

At any rate, I would be interested in knowing if there are any generally accepted multiples associated with Indian Geo Domains?

Also, is there a place one could go (like domainprices.co.uk for uk domains or namebio for .com domains, as well as others) to look up historic .co.in and .in domains?

A multiple of a minimum $.10 per resident is a popularly used valuation metric for .com, us geodomains (check out a Rick Latona blog post on this).

Now I realize the indian market is different. I am just curious to know if these domains are considered valuable for end users and also what the historical values have been.

To summarize the query:

1) Are .in/.co.in geos considered valuable (here I don't just mean domestic locations but int'l ones)

2) Where can one look up historical prices

3) Are there any generally accepted metrics used?

Thanks and looking forward to responses!

domaincalculus, first and foremost, hello and welcome to INForum! We're glad you found us. :)

1) Are .in/.co.in geos considered valuable (here I don't just mean domestic locations but int'l ones)

With regard to international geos, see this thread which explains that generally international geos don't fit the Indian extension. However, there are always exceptions. For example, Chef Patrick recently mentioned that he purchased Indianapolis.in (which is in Indiana). This domain works because the abbreviation for Indiana is… IN. I think it's a great domain hack.

2) Where can one look up historical prices

All Indian domain name sales (of $100 or more) can be found here.

3) Are there any generally accepted metrics used?

I'll have to let another INForum member answer this one, as I'm still learning about this particular subject myself. ;)

Most of the .in geo's, certainly states, were reserved by the government at 2005 landrush.

They did, however, miss the .co.in state names the majority of which I was fortunate enough to grab and I have now subsequently sold most of them and the sales prices do not appear in the records as all were private.

I still retain a few like TajMahal.co.in , as with most geo related to specific cctld they most certainly have value- quite a lot in fact.

If you can get any grab them!
wink.gif

domaincalculus, FYI, here's the list of reserved names mentioned by wot above (it also includes other reserved names such as names of countries etc). Hope this helps.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom