Cisco Acquires Intersight.com + More Domain Movers

IT.com

JulienJ

Domain Movers keeps track of company related domain name transactions. These early finding’s often relate to new brands, products, services and more. We often see domain name upgrades as well, with companies realizing that domain names should match what you are branding as, because its your identity!

Here is a very small sample of some of the latest detection’s over the past 24 hours:

Flatiron Health, which launched as FlatironHealth.com in 2012 but did a domain name upgrade in early 2013 to Flatiron.com and branded simply as Flatiron with its logo, has been acquired by Roche for $1.9 billion. The Flatiron.com domain has been registered since 1992.

Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA) has launched a new financial startup out of a division for stand-alone fintech startups called Azlo. The company acquired the best domain name it could and acquired the matching brand name Azlo.com at domain name aftermarket service Sedo from its past owners. I wasn’t able to find a sales price but I’d expect it to be $xx,xxx. Either way, they secured the domain prior to launching and locked down the brand name by securing the best domain in the process.

CareerBuilder, LLC has moved CB.com out of GoDaddy and to Amazon’s registrar. The domain is redirecting to CareerBuilder.com. I’m not sure of the significance of this currently but it’s certainly worth noting. CareerBuilder.com is at corporate domain name registrar CSC Corporate Domains. Using DomainIQ.com and it’s comprehensive report, the majority of CareerBuilder’s domains are at GoDaddy and about 300-400 with CSC. Based on the report, this would be the first one moving to Amazon’s registrar. The domain is under whois privacy, so I can see much other than the IP location is Bitly inc.

Walmart Inc. launched (or is launching) 3 new in-house clothing brands according to Bloomberg: Time and Tru (ladies wear) Terra & Sky (plus-size) and Wonder Nation (kids). How did they do domain wise in covering these brands?

• TimeAndTru.com is for sale with a buy now of $990
  • TerraAndSky.com Not even registered (& is not a valid character in a domain name)
  • WonderNation.com is for sale with a buy now of $2,500
Source

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom