Choosing a web host

IT.com

marsh

Do you think of your hosting needs first before settling on a particular web hosting company? I tend to rely on reviews from other people but I also realize that there is need to consider the reliability and guarantees to do with uptime. It shouldn't be something that a website/domain owner would want to rush into.

You have to think of your hosting needs before choosing a web host. Web hosting isn't something that anyone should rush to. On the other hand, you want to have all considerations in mind to avoid thinking of changing along the way.

Yes the right way is to first sortout our requirements , then accordingly search for one offering those services with best possible price and support and uptime. For this you need to check online reviews of those companies try to email then or chat with them to test support quality and then decide.

It makes me cringe to think that when I got my hosting, I just picked the first company that came to mind. I am lucky it worked out for me, but I guess others aren't as lucky when it comes to getting all their hosting needs met. I don't know about price,, but I think that it's always best to go for the best service providers no matter how much they cost.

Thanks for this; I believe that it will help in demystifying everything to do with web hosting. I didn't critically analyze my needs when I approached my first hosting company but it has been a great learning process.

Those links were very informative thanks for sharing them. I already have my hosting, but I'm eager to learn more so that I can make better choices in the future.

Over time, I have realized that there is a lot of information out there and all that we need to do is to keep on looking for information. It is never exhaustive and each day offers a chance to learn something.

You can't help but have that attitude these days because everything is changing at such a fast rate, what you think you know today may be false or old news tomorrow. In this industry, you just have to keep abreast of things otherwise you lose.

Don't chose hosting company by reading positive reviews, Instead check their support response time, Read TOS and company registration date and info.

Many of hosting company try to hide their contact details and does not provide any info so beware from this type of company. Positive review can be posted by them self or by their marketing team.

Don't chose hosting company by reading positive reviews, Instead check their support response time, Read TOS and company registration date and info.

Many of hosting company try to hide their contact details and does not provide any info so beware from this type of company. Positive review can be posted by them self or by their marketing team.
Thank you for this tip. I have taught myself to check for red flags like the contact details being hidden. I doubt if I'd ever check out such a company. I have used referrals in the past and it has always worked well for me.

Choosing a hosting service sounds simple enough in theory but it seems there are just too many companies out there now and it's getting increasingly hard to know which one to go with. I think now it's best to go with the recommendations of people that you trust who have actually used the service.

I agree with you Geordy. However, you have to be really keen when checking out other people's recommendations and/or referrals. You have to sift through the responses and only settle on a web host, based on a honest review.

Do not go to the sites that say top 10 hosting or anything of the likes because those are affiliate sites and for them the best host will be the one that pays them the most for passing you on to them.

When it comes to choosing webhost, make sure you avoid buying hosting from EIG hosting. That EIG company is known for worst customer service and CPU throttled hosting services. And many people run out of bandwidth and have their own set of issues. So better look for alternative websites that can offer some good performance.

Greeting,
Before selecting a hosting service provider it is very important to go through their services reviews. There are some hosting service providers who give demo services and once you are satisfied then only you can go for their services. I would suggest host.co.in as I have personally used their services and quite satisfied with them.
Hope it helps :)

Greeting,
Before selecting a hosting service provider it is very important to go through their services reviews. There are some hosting service providers who give demo services and once you are satisfied then only you can go for their services. I would suggest host.co.in as I have personally used their services and quite satisfied with them.
Hope it helps :)
This looks like a good way of validating a particular web host's worth and reliability. All the same, are there instances where the real services are very different from what you get from the demo stage?

Services from hostingsource and hostwinds are worth your attention.
They have stable servers and they cost not much.

Services from hostingsource and hostwinds are worth your attention.
They have stable servers and they cost not much.
I like your point of view; stability should always come before price. What most people first consider is a host that is very affordable but at times that could cloud other issues that may be of more importance.

Why not trying a hosting service that offers a 30 day full money back guarantee. If you like their service than keep it,that will eliminate the demo being better than the service. Klicktheweb .com offers such a guarantee as do many others.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom