China Pounces on Indian Domain Names

IT.com
Very interesting article, the word BLACKMAIL comes to mind with what these chinese companies have in mind, we all know that both the indian and chinese business market is booming, and both countries send each other components to each other in order to produce a finished product, but if the chinese are looking to dominate companies that supply parts to them in order to make a living then it is a bit of a catch 22 situation for them.

This is a pretty dirty game that China is playing with the Indian market. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me their reasons for doing it, but it certainly seems like they are being bullies.

Cumon..what the heck..they can file a case on those silly Chinese of TM infringement.Many companies have acquired TM in the past.I guess they need some better lawyer who knows cyber law..cumo..gimme a break..

This is a good article. Thanks for the post. It seems that China is making a poor decision and I hope it will not be long before they have regulation in place or legislation to prevent this. The intellectual propery rights on the internet will become an even bigger issue.

Thanks for sharing this article. It was quite interesting.
I do not understand why China does these types of things. It seems like their government has no morals. They will do anything for money and power. I guess that is why they are becoming one of the leading countries in the world. But I guess all the most powerful countries got to that point by doing dirty deeds (for the most part)

*sigh*

Umm... if the company is a trademarked one then surely they can get the domain, else too it isn't much of a problem. Most companies offer subdomains or different root folders for operations in other nations.

Well it appears from the article that they are only doing what they and other places have already done in the beginning anyway. I think that if you are out for money you are going to do whatever it takes to make the money you want to make, no matter the cost to others.

Does this make it right? No, but how can you stop it.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom