Cheap .in Registrar ?

IT.com

Bell

Hello !

Does anyone know which is the cheapest .in registrar at the moment ? I read about 'whiz.in' here, but they don't seem to me that cheap either.

Last year I registered quite a few (actually A LOT) .in/.co.in for around $4-5 each, this year I'm obviously getting hit by a huge price increase at most registrars.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks !

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Bell and welcome to INForum!

Last year the registry had a really big special, which is why prices were so low. AFAIK, that's not likely to be repeated.

If you've got a lot of Indian domains, I think your best bet is to become a reseller under Directi through ResellerClub.com.

Pricing there depends on how much you deposit or the total amount of payments you've made. For a $3K deposit, the price of .co.in is $6.99 and the price of .in is $13.79 - I haven't seen lower prices anywhere else. Even for a $1.5K deposit, the price is pretty good - $7.29 for .co.in and $13.99 for .in.

Hi Jeff !

Thanks fo your reply. Well, it's actually not THAT many, just below 100 domains (a lot for ME :) ) So a reseller account isn't for me I guess. Whatever, need to keep on looking... maybe I can find something that is more suitable.

Bell

b/w name.com offers good, clean control over your domains and had been offering .in @ 13.99 always - no deposits needed ever...

From a B2B perspective, your registrar choice says a lot about a seller. We are known by the company we keep.

It makes sense to steer clear of registrars involved in bad activities. Check the recent news on the registrars that you are thinking of working with and try to think how that news would appear to buyers and customers.

DirectI is in some trouble now and I'm not sure when they will be able to put that past them. Great ideas behind DirectI but I've seen the cybercrime report and it's not pretty. Get it here under the Atrivo name.

Full link:
Download The Atrivo White Paper

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting paper, thanks!

I thought that Directi had cut off its relationship with EstDomains:
Joint statement from Directi, HostExploit and Knujon clarifying previous posts

Directi clarified to HostExploit that, LogicBoxes (a Directi business) is not hosting any of Atrivo’s websites. Atrivo runs its web infrastructure under the name of Hostfresh.com which is not affiliated with Directi in any manner.

Directi clarified to Knujon that ESTDomains is not a Directi company, and Directi does not control the actions or clients of ESTDomains, a fact that HostExploit and Knujon are aware of.

I think currently given the choice should go with name.com for .in and whiz.in for .co.in Probably the best of pricing and the service. Name.com has higher pricing for .co.in

I have tried Mitsu.in and idotz.net or maybe .in. I had very bad experience with Mitsu.in. After I booked a domain with them they never alloted it to me and on top of it they didn't even contact me for 3 days. Then I filed compalint with Paypal and he called me and started abusing me. Anyhow I got my money back with help of Paypal and now I am pretty happy with idotz.

So moral of the story is that... Cheaper is not always the best!

Cheapest, in most cases, is never the best..also, domain registration is an automated process so it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to register one..

Well thanks for sharing your experience with mitsu.in. I didn't have any bad experiences with them but the most weird thing I observed was that they are offering their services under many different websites. Most of these websites are top ranked in google. So one way or other they are the ones getting major .in business.

BTW I too have registered with idotz.in and they are pretty good guys. Quick and reliable services. Many of my friends have used their service lately.

I have tried Mitsu.in and idotz.net or maybe .in. I had very bad experience with Mitsu.in. After I booked a domain with them they never alloted it to me and on top of it they didn't even contact me for 3 days. Then I filed compalint with Paypal and he called me and started abusing me. Anyhow I got my money back with help of Paypal and now I am pretty happy with idotz.

So moral of the story is that... Cheaper is not always the best!

the domain registration is instant :confused:

Strange. I've never had a problem with Mitsu.in and this is the first I know of anyone having such a problem. As Chandan says, the domain registration is instantaneous. Also, I've found service to be fairly prompt.

Strange. I've never had a problem with Mitsu.in and this is the first I know of anyone having such a problem. As Chandan says, the domain registration is instantaneous. Also, I've found service to be fairly prompt.

me too...whenever I contacted them, I always got fast response and any kind of assistance I needed. Their renewal offer for Namepros members is $11.70, that's nice.

I tried registering at mitsu.in,but got a message saying that your transaction is classified as risky and asked me to fax some proof.Has this happened to someone,what may be the reason?

it might be due to some restrictions that they might have set at their end..its not necessarily your fault..however, I think you would need to give them those docs if you want your transaction to go through..

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
hel
Top Bottom