Chattisgarh Farmers' Debt Results In Mass Suicide

IT.com

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
Crushed by debt, failing crops and lack of water, 1500 farmers have committed suicide:

Bharatendu Prakash, from the Organic Farming Association of India, told the Press Association: "Farmers' suicides are increasing due to a vicious circle created by money lenders. They lure farmers to take money but when the crops fail, they are left with no option other than death."

1,500 farmers commit mass suicide in India - Asia, World - The Independent

A tough situation, but certainly not worth dying for...

Jeff - I agree with you, it is certainly not worth dying for. But this is the life in India. When we were talking about "Nano" being introduced in India I mentioned it would be a disaster. I had a lots of things to mention about India then too, but we just see one side of the coin and pacify ourselves and ignore the other side of the facts.
People who are born and brought up in India, stayed in the villages, seen the life there would NEVER SUPPORT Nano being introduced in India - that's my opinion and most of the Indian community in the part of UK where I live.

- Most of the population is really illiterate. I would say only small % of popullation is educated.
- if you go to small villlages(especially in the state of Rajasthan,UP) - you still see child marriages, you still see SATI (Burning of Hindu Widow - YES it STILL exists)
- politcian just concentrate on - changing names of the cities/states, etc... they tend to concentrate in
- most of the politicians in india HAVE big CRIMINAL records(e.g. Conspiracy, inMedia - how far its true I don't know) but yet they are in the parliament
- trust me the list goes on..... its endless. I really wonder when will this change.

I am proud to be an Indian. I really don't mind India NOT BEING Called a largest democratic country in the world, instead I would be happy if the country becomes more stable politically (any countries political instability attracts another country in the region - we all have seen it I don't have to mention here) and every common man gets the basic needs what they deserve as HUMAN.
I am a very optimistic person and I hope India develops for the good and for the local people.
sorry too much of talking ;-). Let your thoughts pour in.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really sad to read about such suicides. Is it a case that the government can't do anything to help with regard to these crop failures, or they won't do anything to help?

People who are born and brought up in India, stayed in the villages, seen the life there would NEVER SUPPORT Nano being introduced in India - that's my opinion and most of the Indian community in the part of UK where I live.

Why does one have to be at the expensive of the other? For example, can't the Indian government give support to both the Nano car and the villages? (I don't know much about India's governance).

you still see SATI (Burning of Hindu Widow - YES it STILL exists)

Wow. In this day and age, is it voluntary self-immolation by these widowed-women? :confused:

sorry too much of talking ;-)

Hey, you obviously haven't seen those well-known ads by British Telecom which state "It's good to talk." ;)

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom