Chandrayaan-1: India's First Mission to the Moon

IT.com

Ceres

India is launching an unmanned spacecraft to the Moon. One of the main objectives is to obtain high-resolution images of the lunar surface.

The Indian Space Program Organisation provides some FAQs about Chandrayaan-1 at:

http://www.isro.org/chandrayaan/htmls/faqs.htm

From the various reports that I have read, it looks like the launch date will be October 22, 2008.

Exciting news for India!

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I've read, views seem to be divided about India's mission to the moon.

One point of view is that the resources used for this mission are justified as it's important for India to advance in the area of science and technology.

The opposing view is that the money spent on this mission should have been used to tackle the poverty issue in India.

In my opinion, it would be great if the government could move forward on both these issues!

From what I've read, views seem to be divided about India's mission to the moon.

One point of view is that the resources used for this mission are justified as it's important for India to advance in the area of science and technology.

The opposing view is that the money spent on this mission should have been used to tackle the poverty issue in India.

In my opinion, it would be great if the government could move forward on both these issues!
I think that poverty is the issue with not only India but with almost all countries, but that can never be a stymie in development of science and technology.The funds of all countries are divided into different categories and are used accordingly.

Photos taken by Moon Impact Probe (MIP)

India's national flag is now on the moon :). The Indian tricolour was painted on the sides of the Moon Impact Probe (MIP), which successfully hit the lunar surface on November 14, 2008. Great news!

From the ISRO website, here are the two photos taken by the MIP, which shows a close-up of the moon's surface.

Attachments

• moonsurface.jpg
    moonsurface.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 1
  • moonsurface.jpg
    moonsurface.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 1
  • moonsurface2.jpg
    moonsurface2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 2
  • moonsurface2.jpg
    moonsurface2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 2

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom