Celgene loses a UDRP with RDNH;files a Lawsuit

IT.com

Digital Pandit

Country flag
In February of this year, I wrote about Celgene’s UDRP filing against the CellGene.com domain name. The three member WIPO UDRP panel not only ruled against Celgene, but the panel found that the UDRP was a case of Reverse Domain Name Hijacking (RDNH). The domain registrant was permitted to keep the domain name.

Following this UDRP loss, Celgene has apparently filed a cybersquatting lawsuit, according to Life Sciences Intellectual Property Review. Here’s what the publication wrote about the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act (ACPA) lawsuit filed by Celgene:

“In the suit, filed at the US District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia yesterday, May 29, Celgene claimed that cellgene.com was an example of “typosquatting” or “cybersquatting”, a process where a domain name is created with a typographical error to closely imitate a more reputable website.”

I believe the requirements to prove cybersquatting in a ACPA lawsuit are different than the UDRP requirements. I am not sure if the UDRP / RDNH decision will have any sort of impact on this federal lawsuit.

Read the full post here

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom