ccLTD Report Updated as of Aug 1st 2014 in Sep Issue by CENTR- .IN looses steam?

IT.com
I just checked and this is perfectly right. The report is showing a fall of 4 positions and 500K registrations.
Either previous numbers were wrong, either these numbers are wrong, either it's time to liquidate portfolios haha

I just sent them the following email:

"Hello,
I'm reading your regular "DomainWire Stat Report" with a lot of interest, but I have a question regarding some ccTLD figures.

In the previous report (Edition 8, June 2014), the number of .IN (India) registered domains was 2.0 millions. And in the last report (Edition 9, September 2014), the number of registered .IN domains is now 1.5 millions.

Such a fall seems really strange. Did you change the way you compute the figures? Or did you take another source for the figures? More generally, do you have an explanation for this huge change?

Thank you very much for your work,
Best regards,"

I get an answer from CENTR. It seems 2.0 millions was exaggerated. We are more around 1.5 million registrations according to their source. Apparently, it's not a drop, but some wrong figures in the previous report.

So based on CENTR response - either way we have been stagnant at 1.5 MM approximately for almost a year? Wonder how NIXI plans to get to the 2.5 MM by next year and 5 MM by 2020!

So based on CENTR response - either way we have been stagnant at 1.5 MM approximately for almost a year?

As far as I know, it peaked at 1.8 million around June 2012 and then dropped back to 1.1 million around March 2013. The drop happened after the first promo had expired. Also, a lot of domains were regged for spam-related reasons as they were very cheap at that time (75Rs. or so). Currently the growth rate is more natural although it's also slightly accelerated by the new promo.

Last edited by a moderator:
This means there are still more gems waiting to be hand regged.

Everyday, I snag a few gems via this method, and I am surprised at the quality of the find. Hence venturing into drop catch soon , too much competition via this forum! Whats more shocking is the single word meaningful finds in the co.in version, just registered 27 today!

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom