Caution: Stolen Domains!

IT.com

Ceres

Just read on DNJournal that over the last 2 weeks a number of domains have been stolen from a domainer's Enom account:

"After contacting Enom, we learned that all of the domains were still locked but Adios.com was no longer in Enom's database. It had been transferred out. How could this happen without a notifying email, EPP, without a hack at the Verisign level or some kind of cooperation from Enom?
Even after changing passwords on these accounts, the domains continue to disappear. How could someone even know my login/username for these accounts, let alone passwords? This is why we think the error or hack has taken place at Verisign - domains are showing in both registrars at the same time, there are no email notifications or EPP code requests," Weitzman said.
The list of stolen domains include:

Before.com
Even.com
Sou.com
Tysons.com
Speel.com
Procredito.com
Stickum.com
Nansi.com
Circut.com
Airwatch.com
Adios.com
Boxheads.com
Twiller.com
Greatglasses.com

Please be careful not to inadvertently buy these stolen domains. Also, it might be wise to check that everything is okay with your own domains.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is shocking news. What surprises me the most is that despite admin email being un-touched no notifications were sent. I'm not sure how ICANN would treat this, but tracing the offender and restoring the domain back to 'legal owner' shouldn't be difficult at all.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom