Case study - what would you guys do?

IT.com

rajeshrajk

Hi,

Im new to domaineering and to the forum. Have registered a couple of LLL.in's and a couple of football (soccer) related domains (all .in's).

I have a question regarding a strategy which came to mine. Just bouncing it off you guys to see what you think.

The following domains are avaliable (please feel free to register them). :p

n90.in
n70.in
n73.in
e50.in
e60.in
n93.in
n95.in

These terms are heavily searched for (might not get type in traffic). But is it worthwhile to develop sites (with basic wikipedia content) on these domains - and then use affiliates/adsense. I have no idea of seo concepts - but what would it take to develop these sites to appear on the first page of a Google search for any of these models.

The benefits I see here are

1) Sites are all related - and can go ahead and book all combos that nokia is planning to launch

2) Traffic to these sites (in case it can be drawn) will have higher PPC rates. Also people searching for them will look for reviews or purchase info. So use some content, review links, ebay widgets, adsense etc.

What do you guys think about this? Is it viable?

Sorry for the long post.

Regards,
Rajesh

Hi rajeshrajk

What'd I recommend would be a test. Choose the one model that you think is going to be the most popular, register that domain and develop it well.

Within a couple of months you should be able to decide if you have a good idea on your hands. You can also use it as a platform for learning more about SEO. That way, even if this site doesn't work you'll have a much better chance of success with the next one.

buy up all the model names just incase your idea works.. and I dont mean you buying them lol.. Imagine all of them gone by the time you figured they worked ;)

The problem is is that one year down the line, these models won't be selling anymore. What to do then? They'll be worth something when all the 3 character .IN sell, but in all reality, that's not going to happen for a while.

Overall - I agree with dhscott

There are so many areas that are ripe for development that I'm not sure one particular brand is worth it. Do some digging around and you'll find lots of big topics without an India-specific website for them. They'll probably be a better bet in the long run than one product from one company.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom