Business partners

ritchie

A few years back, my good friend Wallace (not his real name) entered into a partnership with his childhood friend. The business was retail in nature, and involved clothing. It was very successful but within a few years. the two partners decided to part ways, citing a huge difference in priorities. From then on, I'm very careful when it comes to entering into such joint ventures.What are your thoughts?

marsh

Partnerships involve a lot, and so do sole proprietorships. My take is that if you have to do business jointly, ensure that you seal all loopholes that may arise later. Capture everything in a document and ensure that your partner share the same interests and/or principles.

Swisslist

Partnering up with someone like this requires that both know the difference between personal feelings and business decisions. You have to keep personal issues out of the workplace. If someone can't see that difference, I wouldn't do it with them.

tulip

There are many good examples of people who've pulled resources and started successful enterprises together. However, everything has to be laid out from the onset. Personal feelings should be completely left out of business.

Dusart

Banned
Well, those are all valid points but personally I would never consider a partnership. Been there, done that, and all the rest. I think that if at all possible, it's best to go it alone because invariably there will be differences of opinion which may lead to bigger problems in partnerships.

Britney

I don't know, Dusart. It's not always going to end in problems or fights - some partnerships become really great and they achieve stuff that individually they could never have dreamed of. Two brains are always better than one in my opinion.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Prashant Sharan GoDaddy signs up 30 partners to help small business keep afloat Registrars 0
M will ever i get business partners for my .in domains General Indian Domain Name Discussion 1
Prashant Sharan CentralNic's parking revenue grows and more than balances the slump in its registrars business Registrars 0
T The Evolution Of Cloud Computing And Enhanced Business Efficiency Marketing Your Website 0
Prashant Sharan CEO Stephan Ramoin talks about how the Gandi's tagline "No B.S." has defined the approach to business Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Adam Strong was into this business before venture into domain investing Resources 0
Prashant Sharan GoDaddy finds restructuring justified even though its domain name business is doing well Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Edison Investment Research publishes report on CentralNic ; discusses domain parking business Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Ron Johnson analyses the effect of Covid_19 on domaining business Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Podcast Alert !! : Adrian Kinderis on his history in the business and his new GTLD .film Resources 0
Prashant Sharan GoDaddy is growing: Domains business gets $356 million Q1-2020 Revenue Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan GoDaddy will buy Nustar's registry business for $218 M Registrars 0
L 12+ years aged domain | ClickToCall.org | Best for VoIP Business | $1 NO RESERVE at Flippa External Auctions 1
Prashant Sharan Uniregistry rebrands to UNR to show its focus on the registry business Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Podcast Alert !! : Joshua Reason and his business partner Joshua Schoen on liquidating your domains Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Let's see how business segments are faring in the pandemic Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Adapting your business to the Corovavirus pandemic Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Podcast Alert !! : Warren Coughlin on how to save your business in this downturn Resources 0
jedi Domain CoronaVirus.business Non-India Related Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Now Amazon goes for Business Relief domains Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan DNW Podcast: Lawyer talks about turning his business around with new domains Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver on half a billion domain auction business that we don't know about Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Problems of building a business on someone else's company’s platform Registrars 0
J Online Business vs Offline Business Business and Economy 0
Prashant Sharan Xcerion renames its software business and changes its web address for $5.2 Million Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan How to build a great single-page website for your small business Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Tucows exits from domain business Business and Economy 0
Prashant Sharan Nice read: Elliot Silver adapts a “MUST READ STORY!!” titled article for the Domain Name Business Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Niels Duinker is enhancing his business through domain name acquisition Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Niels Duinker is enhancing his business through domain name acquisition Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Are you a Russia,Panama,Alabama resident or are you doing business with entities from those ares ? Legal Issues and Dispute 0
J Small Business Success Online way Business and Economy 0
Prashant Sharan Business lessons from big wave surfers (video) Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Nice read: Business Insider giving bad advice about domain flipping Resources 0
Prashant Sharan .Club publishes 2019 domain sales which also talks about Business.Club New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: Something you might not know about $60,000 sale of Business.club Resources 0
J Best Technique for Business Branding Webmaster Forum 1
Prashant Sharan Sales list: A new NYC tourist attraction, a bank and a soccer score business bought domain names. Non-Indian Domains 0
JackD Payoneer is shutting down it's escrow business Resources 1
Foroux Facebook changes hurting business? Business and Economy 5
shadow_domains *Business* related domains Domain Appraisals 1
D Writing, product, business descriptions, reviews,article rewrites, less than $0.01 per word For Sale / Advertising 3
JulienJ Privacy could be a million-dollar business for ICANN Legal Issues and Dispute 0
E How a business idea on the blockchain can help you grow your business Webmaster Forum 2
JulienJ .London domains launch online business community portal New GTLDs 0
JulienJ Outbound Marketing For Your Domain Business – Does It Even Make Sense? The Lounge 0
domainking131 3 Ways to Get Them to Click on Your Business Over the Competition Webmaster Forum 2
domainking131 Tucows reports increase of revenue because of acquisition of Enom and domain business growth Non-Indian Domains 0
dibon Having more than one business lawyer Websites 5
domainking131 Google Just Made SSL Certificates A Must Have For Your Business Website Websites 10