Building back links

IT.com

ritchie

How effective are back links as a marketing tool for your website? What are the most basic things to consider when doing this? One thing I know is that as a website owner, you should always avoid linking back to a site with a bad reputation.

I think that the number one consideration should be that you are linking to a reputable site that is in the same niche as you and that has a high page rank.

I am in complete agreement with you Dusart. Overall, I think close attention should be paid to the particular linking strategy, considering the way SEO has continued to change.

With backlinks, it isn't just who you link, it is about who is linking to you. That can be very difficult to control, as bad sites want to link to good ones for the same reason your good site does, and you can't make them take a link down or make it nofollow. About the only thing you can do is try to write content that large sites want to link to.

Just out of curiosity's sake, how long does it take for someone to see if their backlink-building efforts are a success? Say you spend the whole month doing that when will you start to see the results in the search engines?

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom