Broadband Connections in India (Excluding Mobile)

IT.com

Aubits

Country flag
This is the telling story of Internet in India. Other than Mobile phones, access to the internet is relatively slow speed. The data is from 2010 but don't believe there has been huge changes yet. Less than 1% have DSL or Cable Broadband wired connections.

List of countries by number of broadband Internet subscriptions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These numbers can really start improving and a lot of things have to occur for that to happen - cheaper PC/Laptops and widespread affordable broadband.

Domain valuations will correlate with these improvements..

Good info, thanks for posting. Lets hope its rolled out propertly and works upto par and meets the target.

It they do, that will be fantastic.

other then the connection, service provider lacks the quality of after sales service, addressing issues in huge TAT and lack of understanding ...

i wil shre few of my experiences later . technology product and customer support can only support huge numbers ...

Honestly, I'll be more than happy with 50 million broadband subscribers by 2017 (that would be 5% of the population roughly). Target of 175 million in 5 yrs will be a stretch in my opinion.

The good news is, it can only go up and there is a lot of room to grow. Most developed nations are around 25-30% of the population, for India that would mean 300 million (I say 20 years)

My opinion on this issue is a bit different.First of all, i think there is a good chance even Indians on this forum don't know the full internet story in India. India is a big country and i don't believe all information(for example internet users+internet connections+even # of subscribers)is accessible to most Indians. Who really knows? From my perspective, there is growth and growth will be here for at least 1-2 decades. lets prepare for his gold rush and stay in it.Also remember that the rate of development in countries like India and China is accelerating and they are increasingly catching up to Western tech and standards in shorter time spans.If India is really NOW on the world scene, then its Internet will have to keep growing to keep that up.The fact that some of you on this thread are even fighting tooth and nail for quality .in drops shows you that from our perspective, these numbers aren't very relevant or influential. India's internet structure will keep growing for the foreseable future. That gives me some assurance about the perspectives of .in and us as .IN domainers. What about people who go online via the computer but use a wireless network from a neighbor or business? That person is on the internet completely, but they aren't a "subscriber" right?So yea, this thread isn't going to convince me or make me change how i see or act with .in domains.And some of you will still sit on your gold of .in domains even if the subscriber # in India went down. So yes, its Ok knowledge, but its relevance is quite secondary in comparison to other India+ internet + tech stats.

Am a regular visitor to India for the last 2 decades and understand broadband connections are just a part of the overall infrastructure developments that need to occur. I wouldn't include India with China (data suggests China is already at a different level in terms of broadband).

I would include 3g or 4g along with wired broadband numbers for a more accurate picture of usage in India. We all know the usage is quite different on Phones/Smart phones vs iPad/Tablets/Laptops/PC. The real question is that the Usage of Internet in India has to evolve to more online commerce/business for true .in domain valuation improvements.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom