Blogger.com & DMCA complaints

IT.com

Ceres

Music bloggers who are using Google's Blogger.com are reporting that Google is deleting those posts which have DMCA issues attached to them. Many music bloggers are now switching to WordPress.

Indeed, nowhere in the fine print of the DMCA does it state that any agency is required to notify bloggers prior to the deletion of their posts. Meaning that in the five years since purchasing Blogger?s parent company, Pyra Labs, Google has been extending warnings as a common courtesy. Now, it just sends an obituary notice. Which raises the question: Did Google finally get fed up dealing with unruly bloggers? Was there some sort of back-office conversation with the RIAA? Does it just really hate MGMT?

Los Angeles Music - Google's New Killer App? Why Are Music Bloggers' Posts Disappearing, and Who Is Deleting Them? -

1. If you want control over your website, you should get your own domain. I can't understand people who are too cheap to shell out a few bucks then complain about a free service. You can get a domain for $8 plus a year of hosting for $50.

2. I'm glad Google is getting tough. Blogger has become a haven for copyright infringement and I regularly need to send DMCA notices to Google about this.

I fully understand this move and I applaud that they are finally taking action. I found a blog at blogger.com a few years ago which was copying large parts of my sites and Blogger refused to take any action.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom