BitTorrent Acquires The Domain BT.co: Had a BIN Price of $75,000

IT.com

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
BitTorrent.com has acquired the domain name BT.co.

The domain name was listed for sale for $75,000 on Sedo and was owned by the .co Registry, .CO Internet S.A.S. which is owned by Neustar (NSR).

BitTorrent is ranked as a top 5,500 in terms of traffic in the world by Alexa.

Source

Reactions: NYK
Kudos for BitTorrent.com, acquiring such a great domain name: BT.co. Is a neat asset to have around. Bittorrent.com has great flow of traffic by itself, with this acquisition, one could expect an impressive increase in regards of traffic.

Sounds like a solid domain to buy. I don't really think .co is the most massively necessary thing ever, but I can definitely see how theyd' think it's useful enough for $75,000, considering how little that probably is for them to invest in their brand.

Probably using the .co for a shorthand from content of their site(s) to be shared via social media, kinda the same how Twitter uses t.co. So not as their main domain, as it doesn't make much sense, but just as a short URL for which it's the spot on choice in my opinion.

Ah I see, lets them get out there on space-sensitive ads. I didn't even think of that, that sounds huge. Who knows, that's like another sentence per tweet's worth of characters. Mind blown :) Thanks.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
hel
Top Bottom