Bing takes on Google

IT.com

mybookmarking

Country flag
Every day Bing become more popular between people.
Its Found that Bing can find addresses when Google can not.Most Americans, still use Google as their main search tool. But more often, they find themselves navigating to Microsoft’s Bing for certain tasks, and sometimes they stay awhile.
“I was a Google user before, but the more I used Bing, the more I liked it,â€Â
Whats your idea about it and what your choice?
Have you ever tried Bing for special searches and found it better than Google?

Have you ever tried Bing for special searches and found it better than Google?
At least 60% of my domains aren't even indexed by Bing. IMHO there's no way one can find urls with Bing but can't with Google, while the opposite usually happens. For me: Google --> Yahoo ---------> Bing.

I don't want google to be the wal-mart of the internet. That is one of my worst dreams and i fear it might have come true or is moving towards coming true.I support BIng and Yahoo joining forces,i support competition from Bing+Yahoo against Google.GOogle keeps looking greedier in my eyes the more i think about them as a whole.

At least 60% of my domains aren't even indexed by Bing. IMHO there's no way one can find urls with Bing but can't with Google, while the opposite usually happens. For me: Google --> Yahoo ---------> Bing.

this is precisely the reason why bing is preferred. Domains which are parked, seo'd , give useless results , do not have good authority, are not indexed well on bing.. while they may rank well on google, since every webmaster seo's it for google and not the other engines.

In short, better search experience and quickly finding what you want is possible on bing and not google

Few points:
- Google has de-listed parked domain URLs or pushed them way beyond 200 results (that's as far as I checked :D ) since March 2010.
- Type-ins are as extinct as the dodo.
- Most people type in the search phrase in the browser address bar and consequently land up on Bing if the browser is IE, Google if the browser is Firefox or Chrome (obviously). Don't know about other browsers, but behavior could be similar.
- Very few people modify the default browser or search engine options. This is perhaps the reason why web professionals see things different from average Internet user, and keep moving in circles trying for better results.
- Looking at above, the best way to get yourself on top of search results is to provide value to the visitor by way of quality content and deals and standard practices.
- To satisfy search engines, just make sure that you use best practices in designing a site - the engines do tell us what standards they expect from our site - it's a pity that most web developers don't read or follow those guidelines, whether it is Google or Bing or any other.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom