Billboard Marketing

IT.com

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
I found this really interesting - might try it out:

http://www.blipbillboards.com/

Essentially, you can bid on ads on digital billboards, similar to the way you'd bid on Google ads, so you can control the amount of time down to the second, the time of day, the price you pay, etc.

Right now the billboards are just in the Western US, but I imagine if successful, they will spread.

There is obviously a market for them. Nonetheless, I cannot see a return on them - unless you're selling an ad for something that travelers would want. For instance, it would have to be for some tourist attraction, restaurant, truck stop, motel etc..

Anyway, these digital boards are sort of sad, though, cause they're putting traditional sign painters out of business I'm sure. :rolleyes:

You both raise valid points but like Jeff says, their popularity will actually depend on whether or not people will witness success while it's being implemented in the US. Traditional sign painters are probably working their way around this; no one ever wants to be pushed out of business, so to speak.

I know this method works in many places. For example on highway, they place such big boards, it can be eye catching. And many brands are now getting into this. Though it is kind of hard to measure the ROI of such type of the market. And also it can be harder for the board to even consider as a good option for many type of products and services.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom