.BHARAT is coming for IDN

IT.com
Be very wary here.

Go for the very premium names in the Indian languages as they will have some value. Secondary names will take a very long time to achieve any value.
Perfect advice.

What exactly is a premium name in Indian languages?

And which languages? Just Hindi or all 23 official languages? I sold the only 4 idn.com's that i owned in Hindi for reg fee. Just don't see long term value tbh.

holding power is the ultimate value tbh. sooner or later the right offer comes along.

which ones did you sell for reg fee? i've been renewing few hindi idns since 3-4 yrs now

I have no issues holding domains long term that I think will sell for $x,xxx or higher.

The ones I sold are अड्डा.com मुफ़्त.com सही.com हां.com

Even though they have massive meaning and local significance, just could not justify holding them for an indeterminate period of time.

Yes, but does it mean the .co.in or the .in gets precedent or not yet defined?

Precisely. Where does .in, .co.in, .net.in and .org.in rank in the "priority" hierarchy?

For example, if a domain speculator owns medicine.in, a hospital owns medicine.co.in and a free medical clinic owns medicine.org.in, who gets the first right for the eponymous .bharat?

Or. are they going to be aliasing existing indian TLD names, so they would effectively be keyword (in Hindi).co (in Hindi).bharat?

I am still scratching my head about .BHARAT

idn.bharat just doesn't have the ring to it. If you are going the native language route, you should go all the way. Not half and half..

It should have been idn.idn (hindi or the other major indian languages)

Maybe I am missing somtheing here..

I am still scratching my head about .BHARAT

idn.bharat just doesn't have the ring to it. If you are going the native language route, you should go all the way. Not half and half..

It should have been idn.idn (hindi or the other major indian languages)

Maybe I am missing somtheing here..

Yes, I think you misunderstood.

It isn't going to be (IDN).bharat.

It's going to be (IDN).भारत

My main interest is where do .co.in/.net.in/.org.in owners fit into the .भारत prioritization?
Or will there be 3rd level domains with .भारत on the end? So, a name might look like
(idn keyword).(idn for .net).भारत , or something like it?

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems that it will take very long time to come but Mitsu is launching very soon it's domain BHARAT.IN - A INFORMATION PORTAL ON INDIA.

Please tell us how you like our logo ?

It seems that it will take very long time to come but Mitsu is launching very soon it's domain BHARAT.IN - A INFORMATION PORTAL ON INDIA.

Best of luck with the launch of Bharat.in! Let us know when it actually launches.

The current logo is a good start. I think the bilingual angle of the logo could be improved upon (but I'm not sure how though!).

This is great news.
I believe the next step in the information process should be for someone with connections at the .in registry to find out how they intend to prioritize the allocation of .bharat names.

Will it be an open landrush as a totally new TLD?
Will .in owners have any priority to the same IDN keyword in .bharat?
How about .co.in, .net.in and .org.in owners?

I believe these questions to be the most important going forward, for those of us who have already invested in the .in namespace.

another chance for domainers / registrar & registry to make money.

Absolutly worthless IMHO for the customer. I have yet to see a famous IDN website all i see are scammers using it to lure ignorant people to enter their login details on the IDN website whose URL look kinds similar to a genuine site.

But ya, i may end up registering a few myself maybe some of my customers would be interested in it.

Thanx
Jincy Adebayor

New developments repoted today:

Domain names in regional languages soon - Technology - livemint.com

The global nodal agency for domain names, Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (Icann), has cleared India’s application for internationalized domain names (IDNs) in seven regional languages in the first leg of a two-part approval process, government officials said.

The final approval is expected in a few months and website registrations in regional languages will begin six months after that, a development that is expected to help bridge India’s digital divide and throw open business opportunities.

Re: Premature IDN TLD Hopes

this is not misleding its real and true if you want i can post the link
http://twitter.com/NextGenTLDs

NextGenTLDs

1. 3 New TLDs Registered. New Public TLD (pTLD): .SVC - New Corporate TLD (cTLD): .EDUNATION - New Public TLD (pTLD): .BHARAT 5:38 PM Aug 2nd via web

The announcements about .bharat appear misleading and premature. The application process does not begin until November 16, 2009. Only government-sector organizations appear qualified to apply.

Details here:

ICANN | ICANN Bringing the Languages of the World to the Global Internet

There are technical issues with Devanagari character sets that need to be resolved prior to an application being filed. Better to start properly, rather than having to undergo disruptive modifications after domains have been assigned.

See:

http://www.language.brown.edu/Sanskrit/VedicUnicode/passages/n3488r3-vedic.pdf

Thanks to Ashisk Shukla: Ashish SHUKLA (abbe) - Identi.ca

.bharat is already registered and its going to be sales by december 2010

http://twitter.com/NextGenTLDs

NextGenTLDs

1. 3 New TLDs Registered. New Public TLD (pTLD): .SVC - New Corporate TLD (cTLD): .EDUNATION - New Public TLD (pTLD): .BHARAT 5:38 PM Aug 2nd via web

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom