Beware on April Fool's Day

IT.com

Ceres

A reminder to be extra careful on April Fool's Day. It is predicted that the Conficker Worm will activate on April Fool's Day.

The Conficker worm is scheduled to activate on April 1, and the unanswered question is: Will it prove to be the world’s biggest April Fool’s joke or is it the information age equivalent of Herman Kahn’s legendary 1962 treatise about nuclear war, “Thinking About the Unthinkable”?

Given the sophisticated nature of the worm, the question remains: What is the purpose of Conficker, which could possibly become the world’s most powerful parallel computer on April 1? That is when the worm will generate 50,000 domain names and systematically try to communicate with each one. The authors then only need to register one of the domain names in order to take control of the millions of zombie computers that have been created.

Conficker infects Microsoft's Windows operating system, but does not infect Macintosh or Linux-base computers.

Ensure you have the latest security updates from Microsoft installed on your computer. For more info on how to protect yourself from the Conficker computer worm, see Microsoft website.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm certainly not one to resist change, but I seem to have only ever used Windows during the many years I've used a computer. :eek:

Have you used the Mac operating system? I heard this is supposed to be quite good.

I'm hoping to ditch this old computer of mine for a new computer soon...so who knows maybe it will be a Mac... ;)

As for the Conficker worm, the latest update is that the program has been quiet. However, it's possible that the worm will create harm in the future (source).

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom