Beware of the beginners mistake.

vlada

If you have a good domain name, you're getting good pay per click returns and your affiliate programme is making wonders on your network marketing website or blog. And in addition your website is showing up on Google news. You can have the chance to meet with the problem that if you're not prepared to handle the volume of traffic, your website server will crash or shut you down (with a basic website hosting package) and you'll loose big time on what could've been one month worth of revenues.

attagirl

Wow. I am surprised you just jumped in as you did. I was expecting beginners mistakes for setup of a website not marketing your website. But the information you have provided is very important as I can see. thank you anyhow.

Angie

Right - thanks for the help there! I'll definatly take what you said to mind and remember it when I attempt to start up my domain! Once again, thanks! :)

indona

If you have a good domain name, you're getting good pay per click returns and your affiliate programme is making wonders on your network marketing website or blog. And in addition your website is showing up on Google news. You can have the chance to meet with the problem that if you're not prepared to handle the volume of traffic, your website server will crash or shut you down (with a basic website hosting package) and you'll loose big time on what could've been one month worth of revenues.

Well you have great suggestion but the title of the thread seems to be a bit misconveyed.

If a guys has a good domain.
He is running a good website.
If he is earning good from the same.
If he has managed to put up his site in google top ranks.

He simply can't be a BEGINNER.

RaghavK

Well you have great suggestion but the title of the thread seems to be a bit misconveyed.

If a guys has a good domain.
He is running a good website.
If he is earning good from the same.
If he has managed to put up his site in google top ranks.

He simply can't be a BEGINNER.

hahaha..I kinda agree :D

trader

For a starter, a shared plan is a best fit. Easy to use through cpanel, Easy database management etc. It 's difficult to make any major mistakes during setup through cpanel.

I hope I understand the topic being discussed here ;)

-Trader

RaghavK

the hosting package should ideally be the one which can be easily scalable..so you can start by purchasing the basic plan and then move on to a better one depending upon the growth..

iluvindia

Most important thing while booking a domain name according to me is...

1) Try booking domains that has popular keywords.
2) Look for the right extension. .com is the best and .in is also good. In some cases .org might also work. Rest are best avoided unless if you don't have any option.

Kaleigh

Most important thing while booking a domain name according to me is...

1) Try booking domains that has popular keywords.
2) Look for the right extension. .com is the best and .in is also good. In some cases .org might also work. Rest are best avoided unless if you don't have any option.

Yeah, if anything, I'd want to see some of the most looked-up keyword and base my domain on that to try and get more people to visit. I'd also look at the domain as well, but another thing is maybe get a web host and one with a reliable bandwidth and all that, so I can have decent browsing and so pages will not take forever to load. Having a bad server is enough to make anyone crabby - even the site's owner.

jamesb

If it is a blog then the owner of a popular site will obviously most likely not be a beginner. However the OP is correct that the hosting package is important. You better spend a few extra dollars and not have any downtime.

avian

Thanks for posting this thread. It has been quite helpful to me just like many other members here. BTW I have heard many stories of beginners mistakes like registration, payment & others. I think we need standard tutorials for beginners so that their problems can be avoided.