Being good at IT

IT.com

tulip

The thing is, we cannot become everything all rolled into one. For instance, if you walk into a garage, there is one person that has specialized in the mechanical aspects of an automobile whereas there will always be a electrician. It is rare to find one person performing these two functions. Drawing from this analogy, do you think it is easy to be good at general IT (say web design and troubleshooting) and still manage a website?

In this information era that we live in nowadays, I don't think anyone will ever be able to really make it big in whatever industry they are in if they don't have specialized knowledge or skill. A lot of people now have access to a lot of generalized knowledge, only the expert or the authority will stand out.

I think this is one of those things that you cannot generalize. It is possible to have many skills but still be limited with time and that's why outsourcing has become a part of many businesses/companies.

You can still manage a website, but you won't be as good at it as someone who specializes in that line of work. I can change out my plumbing fixtures under my sink, but it's going to to take 2 or 3 times as long than what a plumber would take..

You can still manage a website, but you won't be as good at it as someone who specializes in that line of work. I can change out my plumbing fixtures under my sink, but it's going to to take 2 or 3 times as long than what a plumber would take..
This is so true. Ideally, it is advantageous if you have a speciality so that even when you aren't directly involved, you can still understand the terminologies and correct what you feel hasn't been done correctly.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom