Behind the Sale: SmartCompanion.com – from $475 purchase to $9,940 sale

IT.com

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
Today, I am chatting with Alex Bates a full-time domain name investor based in the United Kingdom. He’s the founder of Domainexus.com.

Alex, tell me a little bit about yourself.

I hand-registered a handful of domains in 2015 and forgot about them until I was contacted by a GoDaddy broker earlier this year regarding one of them. Long story short, that sale never materialized (at least not yet), but it got me interested in domaining. I would say I have been domaining full-time for the past 6 months now. A lot of that has been a huge learning curve, but I would say that I am getting the hang of things a little better now. I am approaching 200 domains, a large chunk are brandables, but I am speculating a little with Crypto related names.

What is the domain name that you’ve sold?

I sold SmartCompanion.com after receiving an offer through its Efty landing page. My default landing page theme is UDRP Safe for all new domains added until I tailor things specifically for each domain.

How much did you pay for the domain and how much did it sell for?

This domain was purchased at Snapnames auction in August for $475 and an agreement for the sale of the domain was reached in October for just shy of $10,000. I received the funds in November.

Complete interview is available here

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom