Banks.com Stock Collapses

IT.com

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
I'm not sure if anyone follows domain stocks. Banks.com hasn't been doing well for a while, and yesterday it's stock dropped like a stone.

Banks.com one of the stocks in our domain parking stock index took a huge hit today down 29% to $.17 a share.

The company which was trading over $1 a share in March, disclosed on July 7th that it was in default of a certain “Investment Agreement” in the aggregate principal amount of $7.0 million which could cause them to lose their prized domain name IRS.com

Banks.com Stock Sinks; IRS.com in Jeopardy?

Actually, IRS.com has been in jeopardy for a long time, as the US government has been discussing legislation that may possibly allow them to take this domain on the basis of its similarity to IRS.gov

never really followed the stocks game, but has given me food for thought, wonder if it is a sign of things to come with the world markets taking a pounding generally?

You should always be careful with domains that are all too similar to different government ones. You can never know when the government is gonna take action, and they'll become worthless.

Do some owners choose their names based on the fact that they are very close to another high profile site just to get accidently traffic? You never know who might stick around and check it out even though they didn't intentionally go there. I agree though, that it is way to risky to even try.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom