Bad faith registration...INDRP case

Ceres

INDRP case: SinghAndAssociates.in

Singh and Associates is the name of a law firm and service mark owned by the Complainant. The Respondent is the owner of the domain name SinghAndAssociates.in.

The Respondent did not file a response.

There was no default evidence to show the Respondent had any legitimate interest in the name Singh and Associates. The Arbitrator concluded that the Respondent had intentionally attempted to create a likelihood of confusion between his website and the Complainant's mark.

The Respondent was ordered to transfer the domain SinghAndAssociates.in to the Complainant.

I agree with the Arbitrator's decision. As there was no evidence to the contrary, this appears to be another example of someone trying to trade off the goodwill of a third party.

These types of registrations are hurting the domain industry. :(

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
Seems like a no brainer case.

Yes, the problem with these cases is that they can create a very negative perception of domainers :(

Ceres

Interestingly enough, as this case involved a law firm, it helped me discover something that's been puzzling me these past few months: why aren't I seeing more Indian advocates advertising on the internet?

I found my answer here. In short, it was only last year that the Bar Council of India permitted Indian advocates to advertise on the internet (some restrictions still apply).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prashant Sharan Attention!!! : Domain registration in bad faith plus use in bad faith qualifies for UDRP Legal Issues and Dispute 0
R Great News - Federal Court Rules Bad Faith Applies Only To Initial Registration Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Mrs. Jello wins Spase.com UDRP filed in bad faith by Spase.io owner Legal Issues and Dispute 0
JulienJ Coffee shop tries the old “renewed in bad faith” argument Legal Issues and Dispute 0
DomainSherpa WordPress Bad Faith?; Nat Cohen Takes Frivolous UDRP to Court & Wins; Sherpas’ Oldest Domains; How t The Lounge 0
domaining123 Redirection and bad faith Legal Issues and Dispute 11
Prashant Sharan Cleaning up bad links on your website Resources 1
Prashant Sharan About Chinese Domains : Why are domains containing “4” assumed to be bad? Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Forum record of complaint denials is bad Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Nice read: Business Insider giving bad advice about domain flipping Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Bad News for Miguel Torres S.A. - loses another cybersquatting claim Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan .Be will take down bad domains in 24 hours New GTLDs 0
DNJournal.com A .Com Mastermind Topped This Week's Chart But a Bad Country Code Domain Was Just a Step Behind The Lounge 0
CyberKing I thought I was having a bad day until..... The Lounge 1
JulienJ Much Ado about Ado.com: Carrillo sues bus company after bad UDRP decision Legal Issues and Dispute 0
JulienJ Another bad ICANN decision: on August 1st 2018 thousands of New gTLD domains will be blocked from re Legal Issues and Dispute 0
domainking131 Almost 60% of new gTLDs are parked – is that a good thing or a bad thing? New GTLDs 0
A Is it a bad idea to buy Hindi domain names now? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
marsh Bad hosting companies Hosting 2
domainking131 First bad experience with Escrow.com! The Lounge 1
domainking131 Google Blocked 780 million bad ads in 2015 Non-Indian Domains 0
R Bad luck or plain Robbery ? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 8
C Bad news for paypal account holder in India General Indian Domain Name Discussion 14
Ceres A Few Bad Apples Working at Google? The Lounge 3
Gaurish BuyTV.co.in | Good or Bad Registration ? Domain Appraisals 4
Ceres Indian court complains about doctor's bad handwriting The Lounge 2
Ceres Breeding Bad Domain Names General Indian Domain Name Discussion 6
A I feel bad I regged this LLL.co.in .... LLL.in and LLL.co.in 0
Prashant Sharan Verisign 2020 Q2 Report: Domain registration increase by 3.3 million Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Covid catapults .nl registration numbers to 6 million Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Go grab it : .CO Registration Deals for 10th Birthday Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan TheDomainShow.com announces Speakers - registration is open and free for the upcoming Online Conference Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan NamesCon 360° registration opens, costs $59 per head and is free for newcomers Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Namesilo domain registration report of March 2020 Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Let's look at who won the domain registration race Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot SIlver: GoDaddy Should Add a Year of Registration for Aftermarket Purchases Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Domain registration median growth is now in the troughs Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan .ETH Pre-Registration Timeline has changed! New GTLDs 0
MrUmang Premium .In Domain Names Available for Registration.7/10/2019 Available / Expiring Indian Domain Names 0
Prashant Sharan Top 10 Keyword Registration Trends Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver: Strong Registration Numbers Does Not Equal Strong Aftermarket Resources 0
Prashant Sharan .Club Domain Registration/Renewal Prices To Rise In 2019; 2020 and 2021 New GTLDs 0
NoeIST .com domains registration for $6.99 on Namesilo, No coupon required Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Being Lucky: “Planting seeds” #domain sold mere hours after its registration! Non-Indian Domains 0
Sahil Sharma Everything about domain Registration (Infographic) Non-Indian Domains 0
JulienJ 2018 finds New gTLDs below the 20 million domain name registration mark New GTLDs 0
domainking131 Domain registration can tip hands Non-Indian Domains 0
Foroux Registration fees Registrars 1
domainking131 Emoji domain name registration tips and tricks Resources 10
pioneerauthor How Do I Find A Web Hosting Site With Free Domain Name Registration? Hosting 2