Bad faith registration...INDRP case

IT.com

Ceres

INDRP case: SinghAndAssociates.in

Singh and Associates is the name of a law firm and service mark owned by the Complainant. The Respondent is the owner of the domain name SinghAndAssociates.in.

The Respondent did not file a response.

There was no default evidence to show the Respondent had any legitimate interest in the name Singh and Associates. The Arbitrator concluded that the Respondent had intentionally attempted to create a likelihood of confusion between his website and the Complainant's mark.

The Respondent was ordered to transfer the domain SinghAndAssociates.in to the Complainant.

I agree with the Arbitrator's decision. As there was no evidence to the contrary, this appears to be another example of someone trying to trade off the goodwill of a third party.

These types of registrations are hurting the domain industry. :(

Seems like a no brainer case.

Yes, the problem with these cases is that they can create a very negative perception of domainers :(

Interestingly enough, as this case involved a law firm, it helped me discover something that's been puzzling me these past few months: why aren't I seeing more Indian advocates advertising on the internet?

I found my answer here. In short, it was only last year that the Bar Council of India permitted Indian advocates to advertise on the internet (some restrictions still apply).

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom