Award - Indian Domainer of The Year

IT.com

thebetaguy

Hi Guys,

We are now inviting nominations for the award of Indian Domainer Of The Year 2014. This would be given away on 10th April at WDD in New Delhi.

You can nominate yourself or somebody else here by commenting on this thread (preferable) or sending me a PM (less preferred). Please do mention the reason for nomination in brief (e.g. notable sales).

Voting will start on 22nd March.

Thanks,
Prakhar
Team WDD

Last edited by a moderator:
Deepak Daftari has made more $$$,$$$ (six figure Dollar) sales than any one else in India.

I would nominate him.

Thanks.

Davinder

Im sure there's a few of us with pretty nice portfolio's that I have seen:

Davinder
Anshul

and Im assuming Jeff and Sanjeev must have some quality names as well.

Heck, throw us all in there - if there are no objections :)

TBG, Consider putting 3 of the best domains owned next to the individuals names (for voting purposes) - thoughts?

Im sure there's a few of us with pretty nice portfolio's that I have seen:

Davinder
Anshul

and Im assuming Jeff and Sanjeev must have some quality names as well.

Heck, throw us all in there - if there are no objections :)

TBG, Consider putting 3 of the best domains owned next to the individuals names (for voting purposes) - thoughts?

Yes, we could put all there, if everyone is nominated by someone. Please comment who all would you want to nominate. :)

Thank you Mr. Prakhar for notifying me for this event.
I would like to nominate my self for the best Indian domainer of 2014.

I have started domain with $100 investment and 10 domains about 4 years ago. Now I have over 2500 domains in my portfolio with some included domains.

Up to date I have sold about 6600+ domains for $xxx,xxx

Highlights of last year

I have sold 45 domains at GoDaddy premium and Sedo last year for $xx,xxx

Sold a package of domains for USD 8500 via escrow through my official website.

Includes
Coje.com
RKR.net
63t.com etc

I have bought OJX.com, GND.org, TBG.net, LII.net and many other premium domains in 2014. and flipped over 3000 domains.

As far I am concerned I am the no.1 domain seller at ebay.com

Thank You
Rajat Kapoor
Raj Domains

Last edited:
Domainer of the year award is not just for the sales or the portfolio, I would presume; but for the kind of work they do towards the domaining community as a whole--Advice,Assistance,Sharing of Knowledge etc... On that Front I would like to nominate two:

1. Mr. Sanjeev of Mitsu for not only providing best registrar services but also being there with friendly advice for pretty much anything related to domaining.
2. Mr. Jeff of Inforum. I know how thankless running a forum is, experienced it briefly a decade back and never again. If not for Jeff's Inforum we would all not be here, selling,networking, acquiring knowledge, sharing information...etc. I definitely have benefited from this forum.

Domainer of the year award is not just for the sales or the portfolio, I would presume; but for the kind of work they do towards the domaining community as a whole--Advice,Assistance,Sharing of Knowledge etc... On that Front I would like to nominate two:

1. Mr. Sanjeev of Mitsu for not only providing best registrar services but also being there with friendly advice for pretty much anything related to domaining.
2. Mr. Jeff of Inforum. I know how thankless running a forum is, experienced it briefly a decade back and never again. If not for Jeff's Inforum we would all not be here, selling,networking, acquiring knowledge, sharing information...etc. I definitely have benefited from this forum.

Totally agree. Good choices!

Thanks. But I cannot be part of that as I am Mentor of WDD and it will be unfair to nominate my name....

I would nominate Mr. Jeff for Inforum.
The very fact that we are having this conversation today here is because Jeff took the initiative, few years back, of creating the best and only dedicated community towards Indian domain names.
He has upheld the name of Indian domaining and is the number 1 person who has contributed to the field.
You people are amazing domainers and I totally agree to it. But when it comes to giving back, I consider that Jeff is a clear winner for his contribution to the community.

Mr. Jeff has invested lot of Time, Hard Work & Money on INFORUM.in

Mr. Jeff has been promoting .IN Domain Industry for many years.

Mr. Jeff also promoted .IN Domains via INFORUM.in @ Domain Conference(s).

Mr. Jeff has always shared his experience & knowledge in regards to domain appraisal, domain development & domain sales.

Mr. Jeff has contributed MORE to .IN Domain Industry.

Mr. Jeff has always been very helpful to Newbies at INFORUM.in by giving accurate information about .IN Domain Industry.

Hence, I recommend Mr. Jeff of INFORUM.

Mr. Sanjeev (Mitsu) | Mr. Prakhar (WDD) | Mr. Jeff (INF)
These three respected people are very important to .IN Domain Industry & have been serving/promoting/helping .IN Domain & .IN Domain Community more than anyone else.

:)

My vote goes to Jeff too :) for building a great platform like Inforum.in and all the contributions and help extended to every one here.

Sir,

I am Joy Antony, from Kochi, Kerala.

Please consider me for Indian Domainer nomination, if I am eligible.

I own nearly 1000 domains now. Before I owned 2500+ domain names and now only keep good names. I sold lot of domains in 2005-2008 period. Recently I sold telangana.in to Mr. Sai Pola. I can't disclose the selling price.

Once i named as one of the top 10 registrants of .mobi domain names. pls check https://www.namepros.com/threads/mo...folio-of-the-world.282881/page-2#post-1707101

I own and operate websites www.keralarealestate.in, www.kochi.co.in, www.thrissur.co.in, www.kochirentals.com, www.kochi.com, www.keralapropertymart.com, www.kochi.tel and planning to develop kerala.in, thrissur.com, palakkad.com, idukki.com, thiruvananthapuram.com...etc.

I am having one of the best portfolio of .bharat domain names, I own 150+ .bharat domain names. My .bharat names include

रियल-एस्टेट, न्यूज़, उड़ान, कंप्यूटर, होली, खबरें, मानचित्र, अंग्रेजी, दिवाली, दीपावली, भोजन, दोस्ती, आज, कहानी, प्यार, त्योहार, फिल्में, छुट्टी, उपहार, होटेल, रियलएस्टेट, ईमेल, कृषि, परिवार, फूल, धन, किसान , रसोई, नमस्ते...etc

Also I own 100+ .world domain names. some of my .world domains are

servers.world
accident.world
accommodation.world
affiliates.world
celebs.world
childcare.world
claim.world
dealer.world
hospitals.world
haircare.world
handbags.world
kiss.world
treatment.world...I think, I am the biggest registrant of .world domains from India.

Some of my other new gtld names are:

eid.party
ramadan.party
special.party
100.money
dig.money
indian.money
mob.money
commodity.money
conversion.money
gulf.money
bullion.money....etc.

My .in domains include:

alumni.in
smartcity.in
vdo.in
myclassifieds.in
kochi.in
besthotels.in
childcare.in
pharmacies.in
farmer.in...etc

thanks and regards,

Joy Antony
Kochi

Last edited by a moderator:
Nominations received so far:

1. Deepak Daftari
2. Sai Pola
3. Jeff
4. Rajat Kapoor
5. Joy Antony
6. Davinder Pal Singh
7. Indy Singh
8. Suresh

Although I have put my name in the nominations, (hope it leads to some sales or joint ventures) - I truly feel from this list ... Jeff deserves the very first award.

Some of the names I own include:

paisa.in
venture.in
rupee.in
price.in
team.in
lakh.in
leather.in
carpets.in
luck.in... and hundreds of other similar names that can be found on premium.in.

Being able to decline offers in the $xx,xxx range for names is not easy to do, but when you own domains that define entire industries... understanding the long term value and potential of these names, and being able to hold out on potential higher offers down the road is what separates an average domainer from a great domainer.

Every domain I purchase is with the intention of it being developed or for joint venture, however in the meantime an opportunity comes around for a great offer...I'm all ears!

Best of luck.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom