"Avoid Buying New Domain Extensions" says Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF)

owl

Top-level domains are the letters after the dot, like .com, .uk, .biz, or .mobi. Since 2003, hundreds of new top-level domains have come onto the market, and there has never been more choice for domain name registrants. But apart from choosing a name that sounds right and is easy to remember, a domain name registrant should also consider the policies of the registry that operates the domain, and those of the registrar that sells it to them.
avoid registering in a top-level domain that offers special rights and procedures to brand owners, that could result in your domain name being wrongly taken away or could embroil you in dispute settlement proceedings.
we draw attention to the policies of registries Donuts and Radix that have established private deals with the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) appointing it as a "trusted notifier" to initiate a registry-level take down of websites that it claims are engaged in extensive copyright infringement.
Source - https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2017/07/how-threats-against-domain-names-used-censor-content

Whitepaper - https://www.eff.org/files/2017/07/26/domain_registry_whitepaper.pdf

shadow_domains

Country flag
They're not new domain extensions, but I think they're also best avoided. They're fine if you have development plans, but you likely won't get much for them on resale.
Thanks. I have below domains:
indin.ind.in
genin.gen.in
orgin.org.in

JackD

Country flag
I have sold a few .net(s) for mid $XXX but you have to be selective. My main extensions are .com and I'm getting prepared for the .in explosion

owl

.net domains an extremely hard sell. People don't like going with it usually or buying for resale. The .net zone has been shrinking.

People choose .org and ccTLDs because they want to use those extensions.

I have sold a few .net(s) for mid $XXX but you have to be selective. My main extensions are .com and I'm getting prepared for the .in explosion

Anayaa

The .com domains have been bringing a pretty penny for many years now. It is time for the smaller domain extensions to come more to the forefront of the domain selling business. The more popular they are, the higher the price. Once that market gets saturated, those extensions too will become high money makers. The trick is going to be choosing which ones will be the first to go.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prashant Sharan Konstantinos Zournas: Trademark owners' guide to avoid reverse domain name hijacking Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Adding these 2 questions in UDRP complaint can help avoid a avoid a lot of RDNH findings Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan .whoswho manages to avoid having its contract terminated by ICANN New GTLDs 0
JulienJ Tips to avoid getting scammed The Lounge 0
JulienJ How to avoid UDRP – John Berryhill – DNW Podcast #170 Legal Issues and Dispute 0
JulienJ Avoid These Four Common Mistakes When Pricing Domains Resources 0
JulienJ Avoid This Mistake When Selling Your Premium Domain The Lounge 0
D Why avoid hand reg? Registrars 1
domainking131 New report says domain name registrants should avoid New gTLDs New GTLDs 4
domainking131 Domain Name Mistakes You Need to Avoid Resources 3
Ceres Symantec: 10 Indian Websites to Avoid Webmaster Forum 4
Jeff DomainDiscount24.net Sucks - Avoid This Registrar General Indian Domain Name Discussion 5
Prashant Sharan Podcats Alert !! : Elkhan Agamirza on the what end users want and his art of buying domains Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Elliot Silver believes that more companies are buying TLDs than domain portfolios Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Companies prevent people from buying COVID-19 domains to stop money wastage Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Joe Styler on buying and selling expired domains for a profit Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Western end users show interest in buying domains from China Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Buying a domain for its backlink profile is similar to buying a used car Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Now buying expired domains can come with PayPal Account Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Expectations When Buying on the Uni Market Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Grubhub’s domain buying spree faces hickups Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Domain Magnate's tips on buying and selling domains Non-India Related Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Beware while buying a domain-it can come with a penalty! Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Google seems to be on a buying spree - acquires Streams.com Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton: The concept of buying expired domains was covered in DarkReading Resources 0
D Looking for buying small .IN/ICANN registrar General Indian Domain Name Discussion 0
Prashant Sharan An Analysis: Using FB for buying and selling domains profitably? Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan My take: Factors I keep in mind while buying Geo Domains Non-Indian Domains 0
JulienJ The Essentials of Buying and Selling Domain Names Resources 0
JulienJ Buying domain name with one buyer in mind Resources 0
domainking131 Do you pay attention to what seasoned Domainers are buying and selling? Non-Indian Domains 0
A How will the removal of 500 and 1000 rupee notes impact domain selling/buying? Business and Economy 3
A Are domains for cryptocurrencies worth buying? Development Options 3
D Buying Generic consumer product related single word domains Domains Wanted 11
Saki Buying Domains Business and Economy 4
domainking131 Search Google before buying a domain name Resources 1
walter Buying insurance Business and Economy 3
Britney Buying Fan page likes Marketing Your Website 7
C buying bulk .com with godaddy, $2-$3 per domain, pay by paypal Domains Wanted 0
I Buying lll.in or keyword.in domains Domains Wanted 9
tulip Pros and cons of buying expired domains Available / Expiring Indian Domain Names 1
Swisslist How Does Google Effect The Business Of Buying And Selling? Business and Economy 5
steven962000 LLL.in Chinese are buying them up LLL.in and LLL.co.in 0
N Buying CPM Adult For Sale / Advertising 1
Jason76 Traffic Buying Scam Webmaster Forum 7
domainking131 Buying and Selling Ocean.com – With Richard Lau Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Jessica Alba talks about buying Honest.com Non-Indian Domains 0
C buying bulk .com domains with godaddy, $2-$3 per domain, pay by paypal Domains Wanted 0
domainking131 Five reasons why an end user may not be buying your domain name Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Learning the Basics of Buying Expired GoDaddy Domains Resources 2