Available LLL.ins

IT.com
Therefore I buy cheap lll.info's occasionally :)
Nice!
I think that the huge supply of new gTLDs will make .biz, .info and other "non premium" gTLDs go down in value.
hmm....that is likely, but with reseller prices at rock bottom, there is still very good ROI to be made. Also, i believe .info being a global TLD will save it. It has been in existence for a while and i dont believe it will get "phased out" or "pushed to the back" too much.

i have couple of LLL infos waiting for right time or will sell in next few months
very good! I am also holding high x # of triple premim LLL.infos. I believe these are no loss assetts currently.

most of this domain names are being bought coz of hype. Only 20% of the domains might get reg fees or more.

most of this domain names are being bought coz of hype. Only 20% of the domains might get reg fees or more.
Not primarily. They are being bought up because of perceptions of lack of supply. dont be an LLL.in hater...

Not primarily. They are being bought up because of perceptions of lack of supply. dont be an LLL.in hater...
I am not an hatter, no never can be an LLL.in hatter. Got my best sale till now on one of the LLL.in so ye

but fact remains most of this LLL are just being bought coz of hype which as you said is "lack of this names"

CJ, It could be hype during the first buyout happened few years before.... I have been monitoring the lll dot in names over last 7+ years. I have seen many buyouts.. but this buyout is so different from the previous ones...

1) India's internet user base has grown to 300+ million ( the first buyout time its certainly less than 60 / 70 million )
2) number of projected internet users will be over 450 to 500+ million in 2 years time
3) Number of domains registered in .in extension officially crossed over 1.7 million few months before, very likely cross 2 million names in next few months.... i personally believe it shouldn't take much time to cross 3 million , very likely it should take max 2 years to reach there... very likely 3 million names in 2 years from now...

how many lll.in names are there in total.. 26*26*26=17576 ( some of these names are reserved like .nic.in , org.in / net.in / gov.in / dit.in ..etc few examples) , A significant number of names are with the end users too, i have personally handed over 50+ lll.in names to end users in last 7 years time...

Certainly less supply and more demand , this is the clear fact everyone has to agree.

More than that many businesses are using lll dot in names for their brands clearly which was not the case in earlier times... these are only few reasons i have....

One of the important stats i personally believe and proven fact across various domain extensions is the number of drops happening in lll category , number of drops in lll.in is reducing time by time and over last three months..average number of drops per month is less than 70 per month/

You may have your own reasons for saying its hype. I am not trying to find the faults in your opinion..

I am just sharing what I believe in with the details i have.

Replying to both here.
@domainpundit made very interesting& valid points. I have been following .in domains from 2007 and LLL.In from 2008.

The first buyout (2007) was plain hype. As you can see why it did not last. Also the global economy tanked in 2008. that did not help the cause.

The second & third buyout was a combination of hype plus cheap 1st year of registration. I think it was ~$1.50 for the first year. and then it was ~$15.00 for the second year of registration.

I believe this is the 4th buyout. Its holding steady because there are lot many owners holding these names and the renewal fess are ~$10.00. Plus I do not want to list the same things @domainpundit mentioned below.

@CJ , your point of "20% the domains might get reg fee or more" is really misleading. Lets assume you meant to say that 20% of the domains get around reg fee. The Reg fee is ~$5.00 (some registrars sell for $2.00, but lets say $5 for
convenience). As you are aware that there are premium LLL. Names which are
  1. Have ALL premium letters like ABCDEFGHIKLMNOPRST (That's 18 of them), OR
  2. Common words like CUT etc.
Lets just assume the first criteria. So we have about 18*18*18 = ~5.8K . Based on these its about 33% of all LLL domains. Its a good %age of domains. And domains like these can easily fetch ~$100 these days. Which i think is about ~20 times the reg fee. If you add the second criteria from above it can reach close to ~38% of the domains that can fetch well over the reg fee.

The other allure of LLL domains is that unlike other domains, these are rather liquid. Hence domainers tend to buy them. These can be flipped quickly.

CJ, It could be hype during the first buyout happened few years before.... I have been monitoring the lll dot in names over last 7+ years. I have seen many buyouts.. but this buyout is so different from the previous ones...

1) India's internet user base has grown to 300+ million ( the first buyout time its certainly less than 60 / 70 million )
2) number of projected internet users will be over 450 to 500+ million in 2 years time
3) Number of domains registered in .in extension officially crossed over 1.7 million few months before, very likely cross 2 million names in next few months.... i personally believe it shouldn't take much time to cross 3 million , very likely it should take max 2 years to reach there... very likely 3 million names in 2 years from now...

how many lll.in names are there in total.. 26*26*26=17576 ( some of these names are reserved like .nic.in , org.in / net.in / gov.in / dit.in ..etc few examples) , A significant number of names are with the end users too, i have personally handed over 50+ lll.in names to end users in last 7 years time...

Certainly less supply and more demand , this is the clear fact everyone has to agree.

More than that many businesses are using lll dot in names for their brands clearly which was not the case in earlier times... these are only few reasons i have....

One of the important stats i personally believe and proven fact across various domain extensions is the number of drops happening in lll category , number of drops in lll.in is reducing time by time and over last three months..average number of drops per month is less than 70 per month/

You may have your own reasons for saying its hype. I am not trying to find the faults in your opinion..

I am just sharing what I believe in with the details i have.

well then my observation was flawed and my domain selection of last october was wrong. :(

Last edited:

I suggest you build a portfolio of LLL.in, and perform thats of the offers you receive. You will understand that ity's clearly note 'hype' :)
and people offering me $5 per LLL name o_O

And if you had a portfolio of LLL.COM, we will receive low $xxx offers on them... You will always have low offers on valuable assets. People are always full of hope :)

I had 5 LLL.in domains last october, I sold one for good amount, 2 for $30 & other 2 went for $20

So ye all the expectations that I would get a good amount for them went in vain. It was all hype atleast 1 yr ago(for me). I dont have any LLL.in name right now so maybe current scenario has changed.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom