.asia or .in? Which one to prefer?

IT.com

indian rep

Hi,

If you expect one of your new launching website is going to have 80% traffic from India and 20% shared from Sri Lanka, Pakisthan and Bangladesh, which TLD would you prefer?

I won't personally go for .co.in as it is often used for a company establishment. And I prefer using .in as Indians would be of the major traffic and other countries are also in Indian subcontinent only. But still, I doubt .asia is better since it covers all the four countries.

.com, .net are already booked and not for sale. .asia is something still new and .in is the other choice left I suppose. What would you suggest?

It's really going to depend on the type of company, but .in or .co.in is a better choice than .asia almost all the time.

I'm not sure that .asia means much to anyone, except for domainers at this point!

I agree with Jeff.

Country Code tlds will stand up against any changes ICANN will throw over the next few years simply because of National Pride in most countries. I would much rather have .CA or .US than .NA (north america).

Plus the .IN extension is not only shorter but also a word .IN itself.

Gool Luck

I agree with Jeff.

Country Code tlds will stand up against any changes ICANN will throw over the next few years simply because of National Pride in most countries. I would much rather have .CA or .US than .NA (north america).

Plus the .IN extension is not only shorter but also a word .IN itself.

Gool Luck

Both were helpful points. Thanks. And I was also not interested in .asia domain and .net, .com is already booked. I wish .in is itself is better.

I would have to agree that each country would prefer their own identity, its something that people can make their own judgements on, and with the internet growth forecast in india over the next few years people from india would prefer to show true home colours.

I prefer .IN not only is it very short but also easier to remember in the long run....you will easily be paid more for .IN than .asia anyways.

If your comapny is india based then you should go for .in domains but if the website is world oriented then i think .asia is the better choice.

.in has to be preferred over .asia , The basic reasons have been pointed above by jeff, and also it looks quite vague. .IN is shorter and better.

Go with .in extension, .asia is a bit more wider context and so looks off-track. unlike .eu for europe, .asia is not worthy, because europe is more of a single entity with europian Union present. This is not a case with asia, and each country is segregated.

I'd avoid .co.in domains, as they're not usefull for simple users. Also, if the majority of the business is in India, then I'd go with a .in instead of a .asia one.

For my opinion, i will suggest "co.in" if you are targeted the Indian market because it's easy to be memories for the Indian market. For ".asia", i didn't suggest it because this domain is "confusing" the visitor due to the unknown location of the webpage.

I agree with everybody else, I think .in would be the best choice. It is easier to type in than .asia and it also can stand for many different things. I bet a lot of people would not even realize that it stands for india. That's just my opinion. However, if you're website becomes popular enough, I don't think it would really matter which one you use!

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom