Are .in domains a thing of the past???

IT.com

.inmaster

Seems like in the last few months im not seeing anymore sizeable .in domains selling? Are these domains now a thing of the past and will sit forever? I hope not but where are the buyers????

I don't think so. They are supposed to sell out anyday now. Steve,a nd other members here can tell us that. It is just a matter of waiting.... don't get impatient, and just reg them for another 2, or 3 years.

Frank

Hi .inmaster

Its a good question. I see people asking the same thing about .us and .ca also. The market for country code domains seems to have become a little quiet with all the .mobi hysteria going on.

I guess I have three answers:

1) We've already seen over 10 sales of .in domains in 2007 that have been worth $1000 or more: http://www.inforum.in/major-sales-by-month-t85.0.html

2) We've also seen some major sites launched with .in that aren't India-related such as www.cyn.in and www.outside.in

3) .in is still a new extension. Its just over 2 years old now which means that it is still a baby in domaining terms.

Patience is Key with .in extension :)

People have been getting offers for their .in names but will sell only after this .in gets true price. :)

As with all domain names, it takes a while to get a real value of them, As pointed out above, the .IN is quite new compared to other extentions.

One of the other things to consider is the following, Whilst times move on, India as a country and a business community will grow over the next few years, All things take time.

Another way of adding value to any domain is get a site up and running!!!

I think a lot of people were distracted from ccTLDs as the .mobi rush shouted and screamed for attention.

The ccTLD market is where the long-term value is however, IMHO. Witness the sale of video.us for $70,000 recently after a quiet period for .us

No, I don't think they are. From what I'm seeing, though, in.'s are still going strong. Maybe most of the buyers just don't like the domain names or something. I'm not quite sure.

Well folks, my co-partner has been SOLD! couple of LLL.in and WORD.in in great prices (as private sale) . Which mean "WAIT" is the key for this market :) good luck

Congrats GetItNow! You seem to be doing really well with your sales!

I would back all that say its early days yet, it really has only become prominent over the last few years and whilst most of the major ext are established, it does take time for sales, as i found out earlier this year with vodka.in!!!!!!!!

If you want to develop your name and get some ads on your site ensuring you get it listed with google and just sit tight :)

A couple of points I wish to share,

1. .IN is comparatively very new compared to most popular ccTLDs
2. If you compare the time to the domain registrations, .IN are doing quite well
3. .IN is preferred more by business organizations and other communities as compared to spammers
4. .IN sales have been very consistent throughout
5. .IN domain auction numbers are very impressive if you compare to other similar ccTLDs

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom