Appraisal please

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by cd345, Oct 15, 2008.

1. cd345

cd345 New Member

Hi
    I know it isn't worth much but would like to know how much you think it would go for,the domain is fant.mobi .
    Honestly I bought it only because all the other major TLD's were taken for this domain and thought it would be a good buy (yeah i am a noob :p).

Thanks in advance.

2. Jeff
    • Staff / Moderator

Jeff Canada Administrator Staff Member

Hi cd345 and welcome to INForum!

I don't think the domain is worth much. .Mobi is a pretty weak extension, so for a .mobi domain to have some value you need a pretty strong keyword.

When I started out domaining I did similar things to you. I would find domains owned by people like Frank Schilling in the .com and would buy the .info or something. So, you're not alone ;)

Also, my recommendation is to avoid .mobi right now - certainly until you've got a bit more experience as a domainer.

3. trader

trader New Member

.mobi has not picked up very well. But if you develop the domain well, it could be worth something.

4. cd345

cd345 New Member

Thanks a lot jeff and trader.I really appreciate your advice.I will try and avoid buying .mobi domains for now.

5. rollypolly

rollypolly New Member

I completely agree with Jeff. Along with good domain, its extension is also extremely important. Just imaging that you have a domain americaonline.mobi. I am sure you would feel great while reading the first half but second half just doesn't sound too good!

6. karu

karu New Member

Couldn't agree more. RP is pretty right, name and extension are equally important. Just think about cocacola.mobi or castrol.mobi... its just doesn't have the sense that you have with cocacola.com & castrol.com...

I hope you have a good lesson now. So from next time onwards make sure you work on both i.e. domain & extension.