AOL launches AOL.in

IT.com

ekal

AOL launches internet portal in India

AOL, the Internet division of $44.2-billion Time Warner launched its India portal on Thursday. This is its first portal outside the US and Europe.
Interesting to see two things:
1) they're moving into India before China, Japan or Korea
2) they're using .in rather than .co.in

According to an estimate by Kaufman Brothers, the number of internet users in India, which stood at around 45 million in 2006, is set to reach 67 million in 2007 and 147 million by 2010.

[update]AOL.in might not last long. Its such an accurate copy of Yahoo.com that I can't image Yahoo's lawyers will allow it to last long in its current state.

[update]AOL.in might not last long. Its such an accurate copy of Yahoo.com that I can't image Yahoo's lawyers will allow it to last long in its current state.

Yes, pretty close. I see Aol.co.in redirects there too, of course.

Frank

Ugh. I hate AOL. I used to like it until its software (I used to be a paid subscriber) messed up my PC. I still use the free portal here in the states as my homepage even though AOL is not my ISP.

A question I have...does the name America Online not rankle Indian users? Why can't it be called Time Warner Online India or something less nationalistic?

Frankly It doesn't matter much. AOL has become a brand name and not just a nationalistic company. And I don't think people in India would have any problem with that.

Looks like they just call themselves "AOL" rather than "America Online".

it's surprise me for the traffic is very few ... so dunno why .. I receive $150 offered 2 days ago for this name and I rejected right away since this is a great one.

- An Online Magazine
- Adult Online Magazine

lolz .. just quick think up

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom