Any way past SEO?

Britney

I think this whole SEO thing has aged me prematurely! I spend so much time working on that to see such little results, it's very discouraging. Does anyone know if there are other ways to go around this? I know money talks but there must be easier ways of reaching my audience without spending 10 hours a day writing and promoting content. Thoughts?

tulip

The whole SEO concept has never been easy for me as well but I see guys who never struggle with this. Have you tried to search online for SEO tips before? I have a friend who trains for free and from what I've heard, this helps a lot of people.

Connected

No disrespect intended, but I don't think SEO is the problem here. You seem to be putting too much focus and time into this. Start looking into how often you should update content and look into what you can do to make evergreen content.

Spending 10 hours a day on content only sounds excessive.

Mallard

If you are spending ten hours a day writing and promoting content, are you throwing out too much too quickly? If your content churn rate is too high, some search engines will penalise it, since each article isn't getting a lot of time at the top so, not a lot of high traffic (the joy of bounce rates). Is it worth using a timing system so you can schedule new content releases and their promotional campaigns? It might help you use your time more effectively.

Kaitlin

Banned
Those all sound like valid points, but it seems a bit counter-intuitive to me. I thought that the more content you produced then the better your chances of ranking for at least some articles. Am I wrong?

Mallard

Those all sound like valid points, but it seems a bit counter-intuitive to me. I thought that the more content you produced then the better your chances of ranking for at least some articles. Am I wrong?
SEO isn't the only thing that affects ranking. How much traffic your site gets and whether the traffic sticks around and goes to another article also affects it. If it hits one page, stays briefly and leaves the site, that's called a bounce rate, and some search engines may penalise you for it. Cross-linking your articles to keep people on the site can really help.

Kaitlin

Banned
The more I read about SEO the more confused I become. Tell me, isn't there a way for my site to be successful without SEO? It seems very much 'hit and miss' to me no matter how you look at it.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Prashant Sharan Past week's end user sales Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Past week end user domain sales Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Radix premium renewals roar past $1 million Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Past Week's End User Domain Sales Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan GoDaddy now surges past 20M customers Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Bidding for AutoInsurance.us goes past $1K with 16 hours to go Auctions 0
Prashant Sharan .De registrations go past 16 million ;15 million comes from Germany Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Stagram.com leapfrogs past $40,000 on Go Daddy Auctions; two days still to go Auctions 0
Prashant Sharan ZYWX.com's bid zooms past over $1,000 even with more than five days still to go Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton's outbound technique that’s worked for him in the past Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Google: Don’t Buy Domains for Past Rankings; Knows When They Change Hands Resources 0
Prashant Sharan The best and the worst sale of the past week - 8th to 14th October,2018 Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan The best and the worst sale of the past week - 1st to 7th October,2018 Non-Indian Domains 0
JulienJ Tom Lee Predicts Bitcoin To Reach $91,000 by March 2020, Based On Performances After Past Dips Cryptocurrencies 2
JulienJ Looking back on past domain sales that are now active sites Non-Indian Domains 0
JulienJ Top 100 Domain Sales for Names Containing the Word “News” Past 5 Years Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 20 Years Later: A Look at The Top 100 .IO Domain Sales Over the Past 5 Years Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Top 100 .US Domain Name Sales Over Past 5 Years Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 New gTLDs have lost 2.3 million domains in the past 8 weeks New GTLDs 5
domainking131 22 end user domain name sales from the past week Non-Indian Domains 0
DNJournal.com Kate Buckley Bags Another Big Domain Sale - Now Has Two of Past Year's Top 20 The Lounge 0
domainking131 Domain sales with history of being sold in the past Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 India rises past the US to become the internet's second biggest user Business and Economy 1
domainking131 New gTLD’s Registrations Blows Past The 21 Million Mark New GTLDs 1
domainking131 .XYZ says they just “Blew Past” 2 million domain registrations New GTLDs 0
domainking131 .XYZ Blows Past .US which Had a 28 Year Head Start New GTLDs 2
domainking131 Sedo reports $2.6 million ind domain sales for past 3 weeks Non-Indian Domains 0
DNJournal.com Domain Sales Have Rebounded Strongly This Year But Past Week was Weak The Lounge 2
domainking131 Top domain sales for the past 2 weeks - DNJournal report Non-Indian Domains 0
domainking131 Growth of .COMs in the last past 5 years Non-Indian Domains 0
DNJournal.com Domain Sales Explode: $3 Million Sale & 4 Six-Figure Sales Logged Over Past 2 Weeks The Lounge 0
A New gTLD Registrations Soar Past Half Million As .GURU Passes 50,000 New GTLDs 1
DNJournal.com Past Fortnight in the Domain Aftermarket Produced Three 6-Figure Sales Non-Indian Domains 0
DNJournal.com Domain Aftermarket Heats Up With 70 Sales Ranging From 10K to 120K Over Past 2 Weeks Non-Indian Domains 0
DNJournal.com Aftermarket Catches Fire Over Past 2 Weeks With 4 Six-Figure Sales & 63 in 5 Figures Non-Indian Domains 0
DNJournal.com Rick Latona is Back - He Bags the Biggest Domain Sale Reported Over the Past 2 Weeks Non-Indian Domains 0
DNJournal.com Trio of 6-Figure Sales Set the Pace for the Domain Aftermarket Over the Past 2 Weeks Non-Indian Domains 1
V Signs of the past relationships. The Lounge 3
A Getting past the mistakes General Indian Domain Name Discussion 4
I Are .in domains a thing of the past??? General Indian Domain Name Discussion 10
Prashant Sharan Google talks about using expired domains for backlinks and SEO Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Michael Cyger discusses the SEO benefits of domain names Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Google says that keywords in domains do nothing for SEO Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Domain Sherpa : SEO Domains on NamesCon Online Auction Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan DNW Podcast !!! Rand Fishkin talks about domains and SEO Resources 0
Prashant Sharan .ORG ranks the worst when it comes to SEO performance Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton : Hosting provider can influence your SEO Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton : Rebrand and change domains with a solid SEO plan in place first Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Let's look at SEO perspective on the NamesCon 2020 Auction Resources 0
Prashant Sharan SEO habits that will help you 2020 Resources 0