advice

IT.com

newbiedomainer

Hi
what will be the worth of a domain name like (cityname).com.

Will this be a good strategy.

Finding xxxxxxxx.com domains whose value is more than 5000$ and registering the same in xxxxxxxx.in(if at all it is available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
what will be the worth of a domain name like (cityname).com.

It's going to depend greatly on the size of the city, what country the city is in, and how much tourism there is to the city, etc. You can look at places like NameBio.com and DNSalePrice.com to get an idea of what previous sales have been.

Will this be a good strategy.

Finding xxxxxxxx.com domains whose value is more than 5000$ and registering the same in xxxxxxxx.in(if at all it is available)

Sort of. The .in market is quite different than the .com market - I don't think that there's necessarily a correspondence between value in the two markets. But in general, if the .com of something is worth a lot, the .in *may* well have some value.

I think most US cities already have domain names in the .com world. Are you thinking of non US cities?

yes.
I was looking for indian cities.I was searching for a particular city(medium sized) and found that all extensions are registered.Couldn't believe it.

yes.
I was looking for indian cities.I was searching for a particular city(medium sized) and found that all extensions are registered.Couldn't believe it.

Very True, all are gone. For .coms you should expect nearly all to be gone.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom