Active strategies in approaching an end user

IT.com

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
Do you include a rough or a base price or even a fixed price when you cold email a potential end user for your domain or do you wait until the first reply, to put forth your offer before them??

Now that is a big question. Because the way you approach an end user, is all that decides whether you are going to make a sale, and if yes, will you be able to sell it at a desirable price!!

What I have seen so far, is even if you quote a price, the other party is going to counteroffer you with a much lower price.
The best practice in this case would be, to do your research, find out how deep is the pocket of your buyer, and how important can the domain be, for their business and then make an offer, that is a bit more than the actual price that you expect for your domain. You need to be ready for a little negotiation.

Regarding cold calling, it is not a child's play. And I really mean this.
When you cold call someone, you should have a script with you, should thoroughly practice it and be bold enough to drive the prospective buyer to want, what you offer. If you can do this, you can sell any domain in the world.

If you really want to witness some good example of selling via cold calling, I would suggest that you watch the Hollywood movie "The Wolf of Wall Street".
This movie is an excellent example of how to market things over phone.

Good Luck.

An excellent post!

I never include a price. You can gauge how much to ask for by the number of replies you get from your outreach.

Can you publish your sample mail here jeff?

I normally just use something really simple like:

I own the domain name Domain.in and have decided to put it up for sale.

Let me know if you're interested.

The idea is to generate interest, then you can work on getting the sale if you get a reply. If you make the email too long, I think people won't bother reading it, or think that it is spam.

Thanks Jeff.
I think your technique is short and simple. I will try that too.
As of now, what has been working for me, is quoting a base price according to the pocket of the seller that I am targeting.
And thereafter including a simple line at the end like "However, I am up for some negotiations as well, in case you show genuine interest in the domain".
It has worked for me maximum number of times.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul mehta
Top Bottom