Accredited domain registrars

IT.com

marsh

How easy is it to get good and legitimate registrars? I think at this day and age, it is really important to go with quality. Is it okay to look for the BBB accredited ones?

I have heard it said that the legit registrars are accredited and they should indicate this accreditation under their term and conditions document. It is good to always look out for people/entities that can scam you.

I have heard it said that the legit registrars are accredited and they should indicate this accreditation under their term and conditions document. It is good to always look out for people/entities that can scam you.
Remember to crosscheck with the source of accreditation when possible. It's easy to make up lies, so one can never be too careful. Try making small deals before moving to bigger ones. I suppose the tension is not so high if the registrars are widely known and used. It's understandable if we want to try new ones with new deals.

I would stay with the well known ones. I've tried a few smaller ones with deals and supply is virtually non existent with some. That was really a headache in some cases. It was not worth the small savings they offered.

I would stay with the well known ones. I've tried a few smaller ones with deals and supply is virtually non existent with some. That was really a headache in some cases. It was not worth the small savings they offered.
I agree with you plus I'd like to add that cheap is always expensive, whichever way you want to look at it. It never hurts to look out for a good reputation and go for quality.

An acquaintance registered his domain with a relatively unknown registrar for a cheap price. Problems happened and he couldn't access the domain for more than a week when he wanted to transfer it somewhere else. Looks like it's going to be solved soon, though. But I agree, reputation and quality are often more important than cheap prices.

Being unknown is not an issue as I use several "medium" size registrars that I am sure no one here has ever heard of. They all offer the same services as the larger registrars.and their prices are about the same. They have reliable hardware and offer good tech support. The ones to stay away from are the ones offering cheaper prices. They are can offer these cheaper prices because the do not pay for the employees needed to run tech support and for the better hardware to be more reliable. Those are the ones to definitely stay away from IMO

What have you guys got to say about this? In the link is a list of what you'd call companies that actually register your domain name. I have also heard it said that those that may not be listed could actually be passing your registration through to a real registrar. I'm wondering if this is something that you can actually find out before settling on a company?

What have you guys got to say about this? In the link is a list of what you'd call companies that actually register your domain name. I have also heard it said that those that may not be listed could actually be passing your registration through to a real registrar. I'm wondering if this is something that you can actually find out before settling on a company?

Those are a list of companies that will register your domain. All of the one that you see listed with "NetworkSolutions" under them are the registrars that NetworkSolutions Owns or controls. They are used for their drop catching services such as SnapNames and NameJet. NetworkSolutions used (owns or controls) over 600 such registers. You will also see a lot for NameBright which is the main registrar for DropCatch. They have over 700 registrars which is why the catch most anything they go after. Another big one is BigRock. So they are necessarily passing thru your registration but they do control the registration.

Those are a list of companies that will register your domain. All of the one that you see listed with "NetworkSolutions" under them are the registrars that NetworkSolutions Owns or controls. They are used for their drop catching services such as SnapNames and NameJet. NetworkSolutions used (owns or controls) over 600 such registers. You will also see a lot for NameBright which is the main registrar for DropCatch. They have over 700 registrars which is why the catch most anything they go after. Another big one is BigRock. So they are necessarily passing thru your registration but they do control the registration.
Thanks for this @JackD plus I like the fact that the website in question is updated from time-to-time. Just to follow up on one of your posts in this thread, why would the 'medium' size registrars charge almost the same amount as the larger ones? Are the latter ones overrated at times?

BBB accredited registrars does not matter, the most matter is ICANN accredited registrars. If the registrar is ICANN accredited registrar then sure you go with that registrar. There is no thing exist as hardware for domain registrars so all registrars are same for me except the pricing thing.

Also make sure the registrar you choose has good support.

I like registrars that are based close by home, you can contact by phone, are reasonably well priced and have a AAA track record for service.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom