Access By Mobile Phones

freeads

Country flag
hi Jeff,

Request you to Convert Forum To Be Accessed By Mobile Phones. At present OUR forum is not mobile friendly (I use Nokia to access) so please install the necessary modules/ plugin and make the forum mobile friendly.

Thanks

Ceres

That's a good suggestion freeads. So many people are now accessing the web via their mobile phones.

kussy

well right now i am on from my phone but i see no problem whatsoever accessing or browsing through this forum.
Im using opera mini and it shows me the site exactly how i see it on a pc.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
I've installed a mobile style and installed a product that automatically detects whether you are accessing the forum from a mobile, and if you are, uses the mobile style.

Let me know how it works and whether there are any issues. It seems to be working from my mobile.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
It looks like I can only change things in broad strokes - eg if you have an iphone, or if you have a Windows mobile device. When is it best to present the mobile format? I'm still looking to see if there is a different way to let mobile users choose the mobile or regular format.

There are also special iphone apps I could customize for the forum - if that's of interest, let me know.

freeads

Country flag
Jeff, Thanks a lot for a quick action.

I can see the changes on my cell. (I use Nokia 5800).

It is good step. Actually internet on mobile phones have become very cheap in Bombay. For just INR98 (about USD2) per month we can surf and download data up to 2GB.

More and more people are now using internet for surfing, checking mail and also time pass on local trains.

We can do one more thing (am i demanding too much!) is to develop an Apps for Inforum for Sysbian phones(Nokia). Actually it is very simple and easy. You can do it very quickly at this link: Here

Once again thanks a lot

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
Thanks for the link freeads! I wasn't aware one could do this. I've developed the app and submitted it to be approved.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Country flag
The App was rejected due to offensive content. I've deleted the adult forum from the RSS feed and resubmitted the App for review.

domainerin

Country flag
dear jeff, i run a big board. Can you please tell me which style and how are you using it to detect if its a cell phone.

may come as handy for me too

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Prashant Sharan Who pays when lawyers access your private Whois info? Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan You may be able to access unredacted Whois records again Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan You may be able to access unredacted Whois records again Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Access Spa tries RDNH Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan What an Irony !!! : Data protection agency complains of denial of access to private Whois data Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Does ICANN have the nerves to handle Whois access role? Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan DOJ now has domains used for selling access to hacked personal info and account logins Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Learning bites: Giving developer access to just one domain at GoDaddy Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Cybersquatting challenge lost by Dakota Access Pipeline operator Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan GDPR Compliant Whois Access Model Legal Issues and Dispute 0
D Access to this URL is denied error message Legal Issues and Dispute 3
Prashant Sharan Don't give web developer access to your domain registrar account Resources 0
Prashant Sharan Shocker: Early access for .inc starts on April 30, will cost around $60,000 New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan A new Tucows release: “Tiered Access” Whois request data Resources 0
anquest Google Registry .DEV Sunrise ENDS Tue, Feb 19, 3:59 pm GMT. Early Access (9 Days) Begins 1 Min Later New GTLDs 0
JulienJ World Not Ready to Lose Access to ‘WhoIs’ The Lounge 0
JackD GoDaddy and DomainTools scrap over Whois access The Lounge 0
domainking131 Russia Rejects Cryptocurrency as Authorities Block Access to Exchanges Cryptocurrencies 0
Tiger Local & Welcome: Your Access by IDN Indian IDNs 3
tdb555 Paytm & Alibaba to help Indian sellers get access to over 5 million Chinese products Business and Economy 0
domainking131 Startup.club launches to get Entrepreneurs get access to great .Club premium domains New GTLDs 0
D SEO Linux Web hosting for 1 month with Cpanel/FTP access, 4 different Class C IPs For Sale / Advertising 0
Ceres Rediff's Solution to Restricted Internet Access The Lounge 3
Prashant Sharan Tucows transitions to become a mobile services enabler, sells its mobile services customer base to DISH Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan GoDaddy monetizes mobile parked domains with a link to broker service Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton explains Google's Mobile-First indexing New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan Google to index new domain names on mobile-first basis New GTLDs 0
JulienJ Google rolling out mobile-first search indexing Marketing Your Website 1
JulienJ How do top tech companies compare when it comes to mobile site speed? Webmaster Forum 0
Merc 5G.mobile.network Non-India Related Domains 0
iamthecountry loop.co.in sell it to loop mobile or a competitor For Sale 0
dibon Irresponsive mobile sites The Lounge 5
anquest 'Mobile World Congress Shanghai' 2017 | JUN 28-JUL 1 | Pres. By GSMA (The 'GSM Assoc.'), #MWCS17 Business and Economy 0
C m-Store.us (Mobile Store) - Reduced BIN Non-India Related Domains 0
C m-Store.in (Mobile Store) - Reduced BIN For Sale 0
Mallard Alternate mobile site or whole site mobile-friendly? Development Options 4
Connected Mobile Friendly Development Options 4
V Great .in Domain name Sale $10 (VR,Mobile..etc) For Sale 2
domainking131 Writing for a mobile audience? Here’s what you should know Webmaster Forum 1
domainking131 Yes.Bank Launches Revamped ‘Mobile First’ Website New GTLDs 0
domainking131 Why current mobile networks do not benefit startups and consumers The Lounge 0
M Facebook, Twitter and D.T. (T-Mobile) buy 1-letters Non-Indian Domains 4
domainking131 Rural India poised for a mobile revolution as customers upgrade to smartphones Business and Economy 3
domainking131 We will move from mobile first to an AI first world The Lounge 0
domainking131 60% Of All Mobile Banner Ad Clicks Are Accidents Business and Economy 0
kriss05 Chinese VC firms to invest Rs 300 crore in Indian mobile internet startups Indian Websites and Start-ups 1
anquest Mobile Marketing Summit 2015 (3rd Year) | The Taj West End, Bangalore | FRI, DEC 18 | Pres. by IAMAI Marketing Your Website 0
D Looking for Indian mobile traffic Webmaster Forum 0
anquest STARTUP SUMMIT - DELHI + Launch of MOBILE 10X | Presented by IAMAI + 'DELHI STARTUPS' | Sep 30, 2015 Indian Websites and Start-ups 0
indy International Conference on Mobile Apps The Lounge 0