A reconsideration request

ritchie

How easy is it to put up a reconsideration request to Google say if you buy a domain and later on realize that it has been blacklisted? My thinking is that this is a very complicated process. Are there instances or grounds that Google can use to decline such a request?

tulip

I have always wondered if there is a definite timeline for a reconsideration request to be completed. I have also heard that it is much harder to send a request for a parked domain. Overall, it is much easier if you submit a consideration request for a site that has content.

JackD

Country flag
I had to ask Google for a reconsideration request for one of my domains I purchased without checking it first. I took a screen shot of the whois to prove that I just purchased the domain two weeks prior. I explained that the content was new, that there was not an email address associated with the domain name. It was a parked for sale page. Google took about 3 weeks, never directly answered my request. I found out that the request was approved just by trying to go to the page one day and it was not blocked anymore. So it may have been faster than 3 weeks but I just didn't find it until then. So it can be done. My only other experience was a false positive for malware on another domain that I purchased. 5 emails and a phone call later to Avast had that page free after 3 months. Google was much easier.

marsh

I had to ask Google for a reconsideration request for one of my domains I purchased without checking it first. I took a screen shot of the whois to prove that I just purchased the domain two weeks prior. I explained that the content was new, that there was not an email address associated with the domain name. It was a parked for sale page. Google took about 3 weeks, never directly answered my request. I found out that the request was approved just by trying to go to the page one day and it was not blocked anymore. So it may have been faster than 3 weeks but I just didn't find it until then. So it can be done. My only other experience was a false positive for malware on another domain that I purchased. 5 emails and a phone call later to Avast had that page free after 3 months. Google was much easier.
What a sequence of events and did you pick up the issue of no response with them? I searched online and there is a step-by-step guide from Google where they state that they acknowledge all requests and respond accordingly (be it approval or rejection).

JackD

Country flag
What a sequence of events and did you pick up the issue of no response with them? I searched online and there is a step-by-step guide from Google where they state that they acknowledge all requests and respond accordingly (be it approval or rejection).
I probably should have but no I did not take up the issue of no response with them. I was just glad to have it over with and the domain not blocked anymore.

tulip

I probably should have but no I did not take up the issue of no response with them. I was just glad to have it over with and the domain not blocked anymore.
I would probably have done the same. My worry would be that person who wouldn't care to check if the domain was up and running, rather waiting for a word from them. Worse still, you wouldn't be happy to see a rejection response. Either way, it is good you got your domain back.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prashant Sharan Namecheap files reconsideration request wrt removal of .Org, .Info price caps Legal Issues and Dispute 0
Prashant Sharan Morgan Linton on maintaining balance between BIN, Make Offer, Price Upon Request Resources 0
Prashant Sharan PIR is fuming after ICANN's request to extend deadline Registrars 0
Prashant Sharan Efty's Doron sells Roost.io for $6,995 with a new “Price Upon Request” landing page New GTLDs 0
Prashant Sharan LeBron James' trademark request for “Taco Tuesday” denied Non-Indian Domains 0
Prashant Sharan A guide to quickly fix GoDaddy invalid request errors Resources 0
Prashant Sharan A new Tucows release: “Tiered Access” Whois request data Resources 0
lucky1985 CardHolder.in - Appraisal request Domain Appraisals 2
W Request for appraisal. Domain Appraisals 0
domainking131 .Homes Registry Opens Request for Proposal New GTLDs 0
D Appraisal request for India related premium generic Domains Domain Appraisals 2
harmonyinfotech Appraisal Request for 20 Domains Domain Appraisals 5
jedi Domain ADMINISTRATION: A request. Please close old selling threads.. The Lounge 3
domainking131 7 new gtlds request for 2 letter domains New GTLDs 0
DomainSherpa DomainSherpa Discussion (5/1): Dot Chinese Launch; LL.TLD Request; Registrars... The Lounge 0
T Appraisal request for BUX.IN and CGU.IN - a follow up Domain Appraisals 2
lovedream4u i-n.co.in domain appraisals request .. Domain Appraisals 0
P ISC BIND 9 vulnerable to denial of service via dynamic update request The Lounge 5

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwatra1996
Top Bottom