A reciprocal link

IT.com

marsh

This is essentially an agreement between two webmasters in which they agree to have a hyperlink within their own website to each other’s websites. My assumption is that this can only be used in instances where two businesses aren’t in competition. Is it cheaper (and equally effective) in the long run?

Reciprocal links can be used anywhere cos it's just cross- site advertising. There are hundreds of links sites or search engines that don't take your site unless you put a link on your site for them. I've heard Google doesn't like it much and doesn't count them as backlinks.

I think that reciprocal links are great in advertising and driving business to your site without having to spend a bunch of money. Plus any type of advertising helps.

Reciprocal links can be used anywhere cos it's just cross- site advertising. There are hundreds of links sites or search engines that don't take your site unless you put a link on your site for them. I've heard Google doesn't like it much and doesn't count them as backlinks.
Google seems not to like a lot of things but I guess there's a always a good reason. In my view, reciprocal links are excellent but they can result in reduced sales as a result of people navigating away from your site. There are many scams as well and I try to avoid the people who send emails requesting for exchange links.

These links are important since they can boost traffic to the website and also increase popularity with search engines. Of late though, Google seems to be very strict on sites that try to boost their reciprocal links.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom