A One Page Site

IT.com

Tigger

What are some examples of businesses that have only one page? Everything about a one page site seems economical and streamlined, but would it make sense for an online business to have one?

The only real possibilities that I can think of are parked pages, landing pages and domain for sale pages. Possibly an affiliate link page might work. Problem is the search engines are looking for real content for ranking purposes and a one page website will not satisfy the "real content" criteria.

From what I have heard, there's more control of the flow of information since rather than visitors clicking and exploring different pages, the browsing, in this case, is done in a linear fashion. I haven't really fancied one-page sites before.

As mentioned above, affiliate sites often have one-page "capture" pages that really the only function that I can see is to get the visitor to click through to the "real" buy page. As far as one-page websites in total, I don't know if you could really get enough information and content to be successful.

I agree with you @Anayaa because I am wondering why a business would insist on a 'one-page' site, if it had every other resource at its disposal. In the past, I have never taken such sites seriously.

I think one-page sites can look good, and in fact that's what I planned for my landing page domains sales site.

Single page sites seem to be the modern way, and I would imagine they are good on smaller devices, such as phones.

But, as has already been mentioned, I was concerned about whether it would have enough content to keep the search engines happy.

Once I started, I found it hard to stop adding pages, though I think with 9 I'm just about finished. :D

How about a 1 page site that is informational only. You see it, you read it, you like it and you want to know more. So you click the link given that re-directs you to the "real" site that has a different URL so you can conduct whatever business it is.

What are some examples of businesses that have only one page? Everything about a one page site seems economical and streamlined, but would it make sense for an online business to have one?
I've seen some clever designers use that method by having visitors scroll through their page as though they're actually walking through the room. And as you scrolled, information would pop up about the specific areas. It was very creative and it's supposed to work well with mobile phones.

How about a 1 page site that is informational only. You see it, you read it, you like it and you want to know more. So you click the link given that re-directs you to the "real" site that has a different URL so you can conduct whatever business it is.
i like 1 page sites . i agree with the above 100 %

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom