a must read book

IT.com

RW1

for those of us who are interested in india & it's history , traditions , culture & india in general I came across a book titled " behind the beautiful forevers ". a book written by an American investigative journalist who has documented the lives of people in poverty. this book tells the dramatic stories of families striving toward a better life in a present day slum of Mumbai in the shadows of luxury hotels near the Mumbai airport ( chhatrapati shivaji international airport ). the book has won several awards , including the national book award & the los angeles times book prize among others , it was also adapted into a play in 2014 . as far as I'm concerned this brilliant , breathtaking non - fiction book should be on every indiaphiles bookshelf . the website for the book is , www.behindthebeautifulforevers.com with it's subject matter of poverty & it's meticulous research & her gift for sympathy , " behind the beautiful forevers " is a small masterpiece of documentary storytelling .

Last edited:
" behind the beautiful forevers ",mmm. Written by an American journalist who documented the lives of indian people in poverty. Seems very interesting, I always have a desire to know how people manage to struggle or get out of poverty in developing countries. Is a process that takes time for sure, but with enough economic freedom some of them probably will become the entrepeneurs and business people of tomorrow. I support them.

The domain name is too large and inane. The owner didn't give it enough thought or just don't give a damn about internet traffic or exposure. Type of Journalist that relies on tradicional media.

The title makes the book sound lovely. I deeply enjoy both reading and history. I am sad to say I know very little about Indian history. I may consider getting this book so I can learn some new things! Thank you for sharing!

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom