9 things most people don’t understand about SEO

IT.com

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
SEO is a complicated discipline. There are many components to it, and best practices change from time to time. Add to that the fact that Google updates its algorithm frequently, causing ranking shifts that are known to make digital marketers lose sleep.

Additionally, Google often releases new technologies that offer alternative ways to rank. That makes the lives of SEOs even more complicated, as they have to overcome a learning curve to properly serve their clients.

One day, it might be easier to become a doctor than an SEO — kidding! (But not really… )

Even now, though, there’s a lot of misinformation (and missing information) about what it takes to rank a page in organic search results. Here are nine things most people don’t understand about SEO.

1. Bigger really is better, in most cases, for big terms
2. Websites are broken up into segments
3. You might just need to rank for a few terms
4. Content marketing is very competitive
5. Early adoption pays off
6. SEO can be used to target different global markets
7. There are lots of ways to be visible in Google results
8. There are many different specialties in SEO
9. There are other search engines besides Google

http://searchengineland.com/9-things-people-dont-understand-seo-252839

Complete article may be read here

One big SEO factor you forgot to mention is social media. In order to come out ahead on the major search engines, especially Google, one might need thousands of Facebook and Twitter followers. More than likely, you would have to buy these followers. Even a website with good or great material normally has to buy followers these days.

I read somewhere that it's never a great idea to buy likes and followers for your business because it messes with your effect when you're doing your ad campaigns. I don't recall exactly how they explained it, but it was enough to put me off buying followers for good. I'll do my SEO the traditional way and I know it will pay off sooner or later.

What a useful post! The knowledge of search engine optimization is simply what determines whether anyone will actually make money or not, and I don't think we work online for fun. I strongly believe that if those things that should be learnt about search engine optimization are deeply mastered, results will start coming in earnest.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom