6 Key Takeaways From The NamesCon Domain Auction

IT.com

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
Last week’s NamesCon auction was one of the most highly anticipated domain auction events in years and it didn’t disappoint.
The results were solid, just north of 70% of the domain names at auction sold and there is a good chance more will sell in the extended auction.

1) Wholesale buyers, i.e. domain investors that plan on flipping a domain name later down the road are comfortable paying five figures for new gTLDs – 88.xyz sold for $70,000, web.hosting sold for $52,500, and stock.photo sold for $16,000.

2) One-word .COMs sold for lower prices than many of us expected and there were without a doubt some absolute steals for a few names listed with no-reserves.

3) One-character new gTLDs sold well and in a similar price range – from e.gift for $8,000 to i.link at $8,250 to i.rent for $9,000

4) .NET and .ORG are about as cold as they’ve ever been. First, there was only one .NET and one .ORG in the auction, the .ORG – 787.org sold for under $2,000 vs. 180.xyz which sold for $3,500.

5) Two-word .COMs are still sitting in the mid four-figure range for investors.

6) Product domains are way down. There was a time when we used to be able to put a small site on a product domains, get it ranked, and bring in some nice affiliate income.

Complete article here

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom