3 Letter Dot .ME - LLL.me

Discussion in 'Non-Indian Domains' started by GetItNow, Oct 8, 2008.

1. GetItNow

GetItNow Banned

Hey everyone, I know this is kind of out of topic but just wondering what do you think of LLL.me (speaking of real premium / pronouceable only). Does anyone have the SOLD list from anywhere ? just wondering about this .ME .. to see comparing with .IN

2. Jeff
    • Staff / Moderator

Jeff Canada Administrator Staff Member

I think like in most extensions, if it's a real word, an LLL domain is going to have some value.

From DNSalePrice:
    Lap.me - $4,000
    Joi.me - $148
    Ask.me - $20,000
    Buy.me - $17,500

To me, the prices for LLL.me look pretty high for a new, unproven extension.

I think a lot of it is hype - two years from now, when the hype dies down, the value of .me domains will fall too. .Me might be good for short term flipping, but you don't want to be left holding the domains when the prices fall.

OTOH, I think that .in is a real extension that year after year will post solid gains - because people really use it, and its use is growing quickly. It's probably a more conservative investment.

3. GetItNow

GetItNow Banned

I couldn't believe Ask.me went for just $20K USD, which I think it's not that high enough .. oh well it's still good price for this new .ME. I was about going to invest in few of .ME but not sure should I or not. In another hand, I think .IN is still rule over the .ME for no matter what. So, for some reason I still like .IN more :) more than .mobi or .us too ..

4. Jeff
    • Staff / Moderator

5. Jeff
    • Staff / Moderator

I agree with you. I think that if you're a flipper, there's more money to be made in .me. But in the long run, .in will do better.

Ask.me for $20K - that's a lot for a brand new extension, IMHO.

6. GetItNow

GetItNow Banned

I got a feeling for LLL.in is slow down lately for the recent sales right ? and today I just checking around and my first time see PSG College of Arts & Science, Coimbatore which is LL.in .. it seem like this is rare to have it lolz

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2008
  7. RaghavK

RaghavK New Member

Its not just .IN I guess..this is more like a global trend..